Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

Key fob issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 10:09 PM
Inglis1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key fob issue

Hi everyone! I am new to this site. My question is if anyone else experiencing remote start problems when within 1/4 mile of 5G antennae. My 2014 journey limited with 59,864 kms runs like new. But will not unlock or start when near one of these antenna. Have to put key fob right against door handle and ignition. Have tried both fobs and changed batteries in both as well. Operates great everywhere else. Dealership says it could be possible. Not only dodge owner who has noticed this problem when parking in these areas. Thank you!

Old 10-31-2020, 10:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Compare the frequency your FOBs operate on, with what the 5G towers are using....... I don't know how 'close' they need to be to interfere with each other....

Welcome to DF!

Old 10-31-2020, 10:47 PM
Inglis1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Compare the frequency your FOBs operate on, with what the 5G towers are using....... I don't know how 'close' they need to be to interfere with each other....

Welcome to DF!
thank you. Will look into. Do know problem affects 2014 journey,2012 journey,2015 ram sport as well as few others.

Quick Reply: Key fob issue