Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Magnum underpowered ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
RickyRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum underpowered ???

Good Afternoon,

I was reading on another forum ( not dodge related ) that the early magnums were underpowered and that it's a known issue. Anyone else heard of this? If so does anyone know to tell?

Old 05-03-2007, 11:49 PM
MySRT
Default RE: Magnum underpowered ???

My R/T was built in June of 04. My best 1/4 mile time with intake and exhaust was 14.2. Not sure if you consider that underpowered but I was happy with the time fora 4200 lb wagon.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:29 PM
RickyRT

That sounds like a great time for the Magnum, I was just curious if anyone else had heard that claim. There are definetly times that I feel like my car dosnt pull like it should.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:11 PM
Hemi_guy

Well if you consider that the competition has no wagons or sedans withsimliar power then it would seem to me that the competition is underpowered, not you. As far as comparing an 05' Magnumto an 06' or an 07' theyshould bethe same, or DC would have made some sort of announcement.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:32 PM
HIGSHEMI

I have an June 04 build and have ran a 13.80 with just a catback and jet chip. Purely rumours I suspect.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:38 PM
grinner
All Star

I think somone was compairing it to the srt8.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:17 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

I think it's the "(not Dodge related)" part of your Thread is where the problem starts...

There is Definately not an Underpower problem with these cars. Just yesterday I took an old 90's style Mustang with some aftermarket parts on it, like Intake and Exhaust (I am assuming by the way it Growled), by about a Car Length or so, going Up Hill. No Underpower problems here... And I would suspect the Threads you were reading are Rumors, probably sent in by the Guy who has $15,000 of Mods to his Camaro or Mustang that beat a stock Magnum and then says it's Underpowered... Whatever... This thing drives like a Cadilac, Hauls like a Mini-Van and Moves like a Bat out of Hell!

Jealousy... That's my story and I'm sticking with it....

Old 05-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Strykker
Professional

Hey Grinner, how does it feel to drive such an under powered vehicle...LMAO about that statement.

Jacking the Thread....When is MA IV due, I still have space in my dvd cabinet to fill...

ORIGINAL: 2005 Magnum R/T Hemi

I think it's the "(not Dodge related)" part of your Thread is where the problem starts...

There is Definately not an Underpower problem with these cars. Just yesterday I took an old 90's style Mustang with some aftermarket parts on it, like Intake and Exhaust (I am assuming by the way it Growled), by about a Car Length or so, going Up Hill. No Underpower problems here... And I would suspect the Threads you were reading are Rumors, probably sent in by the Guy who has $15,000 of Mods to his Camaro or Mustang that beat a stock Magnum and then says it's Underpowered... Whatever... This thing drives like a Cadilac, Hauls like a Mini-Van and Moves like a Bat out of Hell!

Jealousy... That's my story and I'm sticking with it....

Old 05-18-2007, 04:58 AM
HalsMag

Cmon. It's a 5300# vehicle, that rides great, handles superbly, and scoots real good for a R/t.

I had a 2.7 blast by me with inttake and exhout signing,

Old 05-19-2007, 03:08 PM
god_complx
Professional

I am sure that if they were saying that the magnum is underpowered they were using the SE as the test model. Just a way for other manufacturers to bias the results, use the crap base model.

Quick Reply: Magnum underpowered ???