Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

What's the deal with the color REd on Magnums?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 08:45 PM
D2designs.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the deal with the color REd on Magnums?

I jsut called my dealership to make sure they ordered my Magnum. He told me that he was trying to get more information for me because at this moment, you can't order a Red Magnum. I know Inferno Red is gone and that another Red was going to replace it. But I thought that everything had been situated and they were still producing some sort of Red.

Has anyone have any kind of information regarding this situation and when a Red will be avaiable?
Thanks for the help!

Old 09-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What's the deal with the color REd on Magnums?

https://dodgeforum.com/tm.asp?m=72552

~Amanda

Old 09-14-2004, 10:45 AM
dansk

From what I've been able to learn, the story on Inferno Red is that the original color had a tinted clearcoat. It looked great but caused problems in manufacturing since it had a very short shelf life. They decided to go with a true clear coat, and switched paint vendors to PPG. The factory is ready but there is a vendor that supplies the sideview mirrors already painted body color. That vendor has not been able to supply miirors that match the new color red. Therefore, all red cars ordered with heated mirrors (like RT's) are on hold until they straighten the problem out. Why it's taking so long is beyond me. Mind you this is all unofficial, just gleaned from notes on 4 different forums.

Old 09-14-2004, 11:22 AM
henry
Rookie

Currently there are plenty of red magnums going through the line. Whatever information your dealer is feeding you is incorrect.
It's just lame excuses to either:
a) avoid plading a factory order which takes in excess of 95 days to get through the backlog of vehicles on order plus the time it takes to schedule, produce and ship the vehicle
b) cover up for the fact that the dealer has no allocation of red Magnums

(the bit about the supply of tinted clearcoat vs non tinted clearcoat is true - but there are no production or supply issues that I know of)

Old 09-14-2004, 08:41 PM
kra

According to one of the people on the Bramption message board, the mirrors are the issue. It may only affect the models with heated mirrors (RT)? Also, most fleet resources are reporting the same thing. There should be an update on the Airfleet site by the end of the week.

kra

Old 09-18-2004, 01:47 AM
Slydur

Arifleet updated 9-15 http://www.arifleet.com/production.html Yea it's the heated mirrors. No production date set yet for them.

Old 09-18-2004, 02:16 AM
billapex
Professional

Interesting website! Regarding Jeep Wrangler status, I found this (YAA) RHD postal truck has a Job #1 of 10/4/04 interesting and this Impact Orange production delayed until 10/4/04 rather disturbing. Nice name for a car color! [:@]

Old 09-18-2004, 02:25 AM
Slydur

Amazing what you can find...

Quick Reply: What's the deal with the color REd on Magnums?