Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Alignment Issues / Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 06:49 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Issues / Lowering Springs

Hey there...

I have installed the Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs on my 05 Magnum RT (RWD) and was told to drive it about a week to let the Springs settle and then have it aligned. When I took it back to get it aligned, it wouldn't align 100% on the Passenger side... Has anyone else ran into an alignment issue when Lowering your Magnum? Let me know. I was told that I needed a Camber Kit and that there was not one made for the Magnum. Your input is appreciated...

Old 05-12-2007, 02:29 AM
65standard
All Star
Default RE: Alignment Issues / Lowering Springs

normally, a lowered car doesn't use stock alignment specs. but, Eibach makes the alignment kits.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Magmania
Veteran

After I had my Prokit springs installed my steering wheel alignment was noticably off center and the car was drifting to the left.

I got the alignment done the following day and I still felt there was a slight drift. The shop was gracious enough to put it back on the platform to verify the alignment. The tech even walked me through the entireprocedure. We took it fora test drive on a seemingly flat road and was then convinced that the slight drift was all in my head. After a week of driving it, it was all fine and I did'nt even notice it anymore.

BTW ...it did'nt require any camber kit or camber adjustment.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:10 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Thanks for your Input Guys!

65 Standard, I checked the Eibach Site and they state that their Springs are made to go with the OEM Equipment, with no other Parts required, plus I asked before I had the Mod done... The shop said no Shocks or other parts were required to be replaced unless I went 2" or lower... Can you give me the link to the Alingment Kit you used?

Magmania, the car drives great, I just have a print out that confirms the Passenger side is slightly off... Drives straight. Better than stock... All 4 wheels were off before the alignment, straight from the factory... Go figure... Did you get your alignment print out with all 4 wheels in the 'Green'?

Old 05-15-2007, 01:26 AM
65standard
All Star

with the pro kit, you shouldn't need the alignment kit. i have the sportlines and a 2 1/4" drop.
you can get the kits from here:

http://estore.websitepros.com/802805/Detail.bok?no=1066

Old 05-15-2007, 01:32 AM
Magmania
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 2005 Magnum R/T Hemi

Thanks for your Input Guys!

65 Standard, I checked the Eibach Site and they state that their Springs are made to go with the OEM Equipment, with no other Parts required, plus I asked before I had the Mod done... The shop said no Shocks or other parts were required to be replaced unless I went 2" or lower... Can you give me the link to the Alingment Kit you used?

Magmania, the car drives great, I just have a print out that confirms the Passenger side is slightly off... Drives straight. Better than stock... All 4 wheels were off before the alignment, straight from the factory... Go figure... Did you get your alignment print out with all 4 wheels in the 'Green'?
I did get the print out and it must have been all green other wiseI probably wouldremember that.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Magmania
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 2005 Magnum R/T Hemi

Okay ...here's an update.
Last sunday coming home, in the last 30 minutes of my 2 hour drive I got a flat tire which put a big gash in it.

The next day I went to replace all 4 tires and the alignment came out with all 4 wheels outside of the camber specs. The worst one is the front passenger (-1.4 degs). The shop said they could correct this with adjustable camber parts which are now available for my year.
The fronts require a new adjustable swing arm which they quoted me at $256 a piece. The rears are only $50 bucks a piece. Grand total with labor was somewhere in the neighborhood of $1100.

I found my last alignment readout from after my prokit install and the camber was also out of spec on all 4 tires. For now I can't afford the fix so I will see if I can get another 45,000 miles out of my new set.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:39 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Magmania,
Did you replace your tires with Toyo's again? I had 255/55/18 Toyo's on my Magnum and felt they weren't sticky enough for me. I went with the Goodyear Eagle F1's and love 'em...

Also, could you let me know the info. for the Adjustable Camber Partsthat are needed? I would appreciate it!

Old 05-25-2007, 02:20 AM
Magmania
Veteran

I stayed with the Toyo Proxes. I was thinking about trying the Eagles but the Toyo's were very good to me as far as durability. I'm not overly concerned with the sticky issue. My goals are not to have the faster Magnum out there. It's plenty fast enough for the way that I drive ona daily basis. I do however want it to be as good looking as I can afford to make her.

Here is a rundown of the parts. I got my quote through Les Schwab Tires. I can't remember the vender name that he said they use.

66020 Rear Bushing Kit-$52.96 x 2
R&R Adjustable Control Arm Bushing - $65.00x 2
Right Side Adjustable Control Arm - $258.40 x 1
Left Side Adjustable Control Arm- $258.40x 1
Install Upper Control Arms (Labor) - $65.00x 2
Four Wheel Alignment- $76.95

Total = $1005.60

Quick Reply: Alignment Issues / Lowering Springs