Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

RT Prices suck

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 08:28 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RT Prices suck

i bought mine for msrp - $1000 rebate for financing with Chrysler from the dodge dealer in Glendale. Talk to Eric Grombacher their Internet manager. he's awesome, he got me my black RT the second it came off the truck (before it was even in the showroom). most places mark up if u buy off the lot, the only way to get msrp is to order. however the whittier dealership and glendale were the only dealers that would not mark up regardless.
good luck.

Old 09-16-2004, 09:34 PM
billapex
Professional

I bought mine from Performance Dodge in Glendale, AZ. There was a markup on it, but I just told the sales guy I wouldn't pay it, and he said, "Uh, ok." I got $800 off MSRP, plus the $1k Chrylser financing cash. I was happy with that deal.
Come to think of it, I arrived at the dealer at 8pm, and we weren't finished until 9:35pm. Maybe they just wanted me out of there! [:@]

Old 09-17-2004, 01:27 AM
Hot Wheels

I bought my RT from Westoaks in Thousand Oaks. Got it for $1k over invoice plus the $1k financing rebate. If you go there see Jim Reed.

Steve

Old 09-17-2004, 02:34 AM
BlackRT

Talk to Lisa Prebel at Glen E Thomas Dodge in Signal Hill 800-LUV-DODGE. Tell her that Jeremy recommended you speak with her. She runs the fleet department and provided the best experience that I have ever had buying a car. I paid under sticker but I dont think that they are offering this deal anymore. But you for sure won't pay over sticker

Old 09-17-2004, 03:27 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

My dealer here in Florida wanted $2000 over MSRP, I refused to pay it and got the RT for sticker price, minus the $1000 rebate for financing it through Chrysler. I plan to refinance the car soon through my Credit Union and get cheaper financing, 3.75% versus 6.5%

Bob

Old 09-17-2004, 10:53 PM
k2pow

I got my car bare from the fleet side of things for the 1k over. I then got it back when I financed it through Chrysler Financial. For the Navigation, I am using a really good guy from the Burbank area. He actually does a great job and does it right the first time. He is a Sound Engineer and makes it sound right for your style before you get it back. I have some sample pictures of his work if you’re interested. I may try to hook up a group buy or something if enough are interested. If not that many, I can just pass on his info to you privately.

Old 09-18-2004, 04:15 AM
lilred383

I used www.fightingchance.com to buy my RT. I paid $140.00 over INVOICE.I have the nav, satellite radio,steering wheel controls, 6 disc cd, smokers group - no sunroof. For about 30 bucks they will send you a list of costs and manufacturer kickbacks that we consumers never hear about. This keeps them from telling you that they are not making any money on the deal. Once you have this info, you type a request sheet (Sample is provided) , and fax it to 15 - 20 dealers telling them what you want, how much it actually cost the dealer, the fact that you have faxed this to 15 dealers and that you will buy from the lowest offer. What this does is instead of you haggling with the dealer for the best price, the dealers end up haggling with the other dealers. Good luck...worked for me.

Old 09-19-2004, 11:47 PM
ParrotSquawk

The invoice on the car is easy enough to find.
Could you post the hidden charges and how to get around them?

Old 09-21-2004, 12:44 AM
DigiRaven

I managed to get my car that had all options except roof rack 35,500 msrp for 34000. Thats without any incentives. I told the dealer to order what I want and this is what I want to pay. He accepted the terms without any hesitation. I was stunned. But hey Im happy and I got what I want. If you are curious where I got it was at Orlando Dodge in central florida. I still say these prices that are priced at msrp or higher are ridiculous. I never pay msrp much less anything higher than msrp.

Old 09-22-2004, 07:02 PM
ronjons

Ordered mine through Carmax.com 10 days ago. They have Dodge dealership at LAX location. $500 re-fundable deposit will sell at $100 UNDER MSRP!!! 8-12 weeks supposedly. Best I found at other dealers was $2500 over!

Quick Reply: RT Prices suck