Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

RT Prices suck

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Rustypaws
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RT Prices suck

Have you noticed that the RT is being marked up an additional $5,000? What kind of prices is everyone paying for a fully loaded RT with navigational system? Does anyone know of a good Dodge dealer in So. Cal?

Thank you!

Old 09-16-2004, 04:36 PM
shiltz
Captain
Default RE: RT Prices suck

no markup where I live, dealers in california price gouge to an extreme though from what i've heard, if they are a 5 star dealer report them to chrysler since one of the requirements to being a 5 star dealer is they can't charge over MSRP I belive and if they do they can lose the 5 star status.

Old 09-16-2004, 04:52 PM
Rustypaws

How do you find a 5 star dealer? Do you know of any in So. CAL?

Thank you

Old 09-16-2004, 05:42 PM
shiltz
Captain

I don't know anything about So Cal aside from knowing the dealers price gouge there, I live in mass, you can find the 5 star dealers simply by going to to the dodge website, go to the magnum page and click on the inventory search link, click search for new vehicles and ender your zip code, then it will bring up a list of the 5 star dealers in your area.

Old 09-16-2004, 05:56 PM
Rustypaws

I looked at Dodge's web site and looked at the 5 star pledge there is nothing in all the write ups regarding 5 star benefits.

As a customer in a Five Star dealership, you can expect a clean and pleasant place to shop for a vehicle, or to have your vehicle serviced. This is the only BS stuff I found regarding 5 stars.

The list of dealers than came up on the inventory search for my area has some 5 star dealers and they are the ones asking for $5,000 over MSRP.

Old 09-16-2004, 06:22 PM
thuffman03
Rookie

I paid msrp less the $500 rebate they had at the time. Got mine in June. In Pittsburgh PA the RT's I have seen have been for list and the SXT and SE are a bit above invoice.

All I know is at MSRP the dealership is making money. Charging over MSRP is Bullsh!!

Old 09-16-2004, 06:37 PM
daffRT

Embarrassingly enough, I paid 3.5K over MSRP for a fully loaded R/T in Orange County. I've checked San Diego and LA County and they are all selling their R/T's with a 'Fair Market Adjustment". For me it became strictly an emotional purchase when I decided to pay the FMA. I swear, I walked into the dealership with the intention of playing hardball but knew how scarce the R/T's were. If there is any "moral" victory, I did whittle down the original FMA (7,000).

This was at a "5 star" dealership (Foothill Ranch), by the way.

Old 09-16-2004, 06:53 PM
PropMan

Glenn Thomas Dodge in Long Beach (Signal Hill) are GREAT--they do NOT mark up over MSRP on ANYTHING! Good guys and a 5-star dealer!

Old 09-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Blanchman

I bought mine last week at the dealer in Ventura, CA. I paid MSRP minus the Chrysler Financing $1000 rebate. I noticed a dealer markup on the sticker of $995, but I didn't pay that, it was only on the sticker. Also, I had ordered mine, so the deal was pre-negotiated.

Old 09-16-2004, 07:12 PM
daffRT

Yeah, bad timing on my part. I bought mine 4 months ago (first one I've seen outside of 1 SXT I spotted at Target). This was before the rebate and when scarcity appeared to be at it's highest. When I was negotiating for my car it felt like I was buying real-estate...there was somebody behind me willing to pay more. I'm sure the R/T situation has settled down back to being a "buyer's" market. The same thing happened for the Acura MDX and Infiniti G35 when they came out. Nowadays anyone can get one without much effort.

High prices (homes, gas, new cars) is one of the few curses that we endure here in "the OC".

Avoid Foothill Ranch at all costs. Their 5 star status must come from the fact that they brew Starbucks coffee in their waiting room.

Quick Reply: RT Prices suck