Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

300C-Charger-MAGNUM????

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 10:09 PM
Randy_W
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 300C-Charger-MAGNUM????

It's gonna be another limited production, overpriced model that certain dealers will horde and add"market adjustments" to the tune of $8-$10k.

Old 09-20-2004, 08:05 PM
brian@briansportal

I seem to remember saying this same thing over a month ago in this very same forum. Oh well, I guess people just don't listen. By the way, there is no way that they will build a 425 horse Chrysler 300 and skip using that powertrain in the Magnum. With all the R&D and engineering done, why would they only make one version of the car? In 2 years they will start to see diminishing returns on the Magnum & 300C and the new powerplant will be their marketing "stallion" to ride sales off into the next decade. It will go just like the PT cruiser, there will be a major drop in interest. Then they had to make a turbo motor for the PT to attract new buyers. They have just thought far enough ahead on these cars to have the motor in the works BEFORE diminishing returns and interest come into play. My two cent....flame me if you want...but its probably dead on the money and you know it!

Old 09-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Tzar007

ORIGINAL: brian@briansportal

I seem to remember saying this same thing over a month ago in this very same forum. Oh well, I guess people just don't listen. By the way, there is no way that they will build a 425 horse Chrysler 300 and skip using that powertrain in the Magnum. With all the R&D and engineering done, why would they only make one version of the car? In 2 years they will start to see diminishing returns on the Magnum & 300C and the new powerplant will be their marketing "stallion" to ride sales off into the next decade. It will go just like the PT cruiser, there will be a major drop in interest. Then they had to make a turbo motor for the PT to attract new buyers. They have just thought far enough ahead on these cars to have the motor in the works BEFORE diminishing returns and interest come into play. My two cent....flame me if you want...but its probably dead on the money and you know it!
I believe you're right, it just makes sense from a sales and marketing standpoint to revive the model with a SRT-8 setup to extend its "shelf-life duration", if I may say so.

Old 09-21-2004, 10:58 AM
69RoadRunner
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: brian@briansportal

With all the R&D and engineering done, why would they only make one version of the car?
Because they can put it in the 2006 Charger and decide not to put it in the Magnum.