Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

RT Available

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 05:53 PM
HemiRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RT Available

Having now waited since June for my RT, I walked into my office on Friday and was very unceremoniously terminated from my job after 6 years.

Needless to say, I'm not about to plunk down another $32K in cash to cover the Magnum not knowing my immediate future right now. I ordered and intended to buy this for cash thru CarsDirect.com. I contacted them on Friday and explained that I want out from under the deal but haven't heard back from them yet. Normally you forfeit the deposits but I’m hoping to recoup some of it.

If anyone is looking for immediate delivery of an RT here in Florida perhaps we could work together to:
A) Get you immediate delivery and
B) Get me out from under this deal without losing my entire $1.5K.

I've spoken to the rep from CarsDirect and told him that had the car had come in 2 weeks ago we wouldn't be having this conversation but it didn't - and we are. I further explained to him it's not like the dealer is going to get "stuck" with the car. They'll move it in a heartbeat. Hell, its loaded. If you know anyone that's looking for a black RT, NAV, roof, groups, etc. let me know. Maybe handing them a buyer will help me negotiate my way out of this without losing my entire $1.5K.

Old 09-20-2004, 03:27 PM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RT Available

Ahh Geez dude - that seriously sucks! I sure hope we aren't seeing a trend here, you are the second R/T guy I've seen in here in that situation - I sure hope things work out for you.

You didn't by any chance work for a large pc/printer/ink/clueless company did you?

Mike

Old 09-20-2004, 04:42 PM
Jax
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RT Available

If you get jammed up, how about posting the opportunity on eBay?

You could sell your "allotment" for the cost of the deposit. This is assuming that carsdirect will let someone else assume the contract for you. Could be some kinks. Otherwise, you would just be showing the vultures where to perch.