Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

When will the newness wear off?

Old 09-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Scott P
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When will the newness wear off?

Right now, the demand for the Magnum is pretty high. RT models are moving very well and most models are luck y to be had below sticker. How much longer do you think this trend will continue?

I'm waiting until spring to get my hands on my RT. I figure I should be able to land one at a more fair price by then. Plus, I don't like the idea of buying a new car before or during winter. The possibility of an SRT version looks nice, but I'm thinking that the RT will be my choice.

I'm hoping for a drop in demand come spring. Anyone else see that happening?

Old 09-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Hemi RT
Professional
Default RE: When will the newness wear off?

I sure as hell am. When the dealer up near my house got the 1st one in ot was an SXT and they wanted 35K I think I said why the hell such a high mark up. The guy said to be the first on your block to have one. I said I'd rather be the last on my block and save the 5K for a vacation and walked away.

Old 09-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Tzar007

I am also waiting for Spring 2005, mainly because I want to put some more cashdown on it to reduce payments on the RT. By then also, first-year production run problems should have been solved and the offer should now match the demand hopefully. I have to say that in my area there are no markups among dealerships on these cars. They are very rare on the roads here so I don't think the dealers have really a high demand for them, that's why there are no markups.

Also, it seems a 6-speed manual tranny could be in the works for the Magnum for next Spring and I would love that. THe SRT-8 should also be available but I expect it to be too expensive.

Old 09-21-2004, 07:13 PM
Hemi RT
Professional

I want that MAG SRT!!!! It's like having the choice...a mercedes or an AMG mercedes....NO CONTEST! I just wonder what colors will be available. I would LOVE the SRT-10 red or black! That clearcoat is nice and that Bright red is bad!!!

Old 09-21-2004, 11:46 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Sep 18 I just bought an SXT in Omaha NE. I first went the 15 miles to IA just to check it out. They had a 1500 "market demand" markup of $1500 on the only magnum. And it was an SXT. There arent any R/Ts around here. Went back to omaha and got the exact SXT except for color at sticker(to start with). I had to go back to IA(where I bought the Ram that I traded in) to cancel the extended warrranty. When the salesmen saw me drive up in the Omaha magum only one had the b*lls to ask me why I didnt get it there, especially since I really liked the dark blue vs the silver. I had parked right next to the blue one and pointed at the markup and said "enough said". And I got the deer in the headlight look. I mean dang, how dumb can they be.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: When will the newness wear off?