Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Will The Paint Job Eventually Go Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007 | 12:55 AM
MagnumMa
Default Will The Paint Job Eventually Go Bad?

I just bought my 07 Magthree weeks ago and I love it. But, I have people telling me that I made a mistake in buying a Dodge. Saying most Dodge paintjobs will eventually begin to oxidize, especially around the hood. Should I worry? How can I keep this from happening?

Old 06-13-2007 | 11:25 AM
darkrt
Professional
Default RE: Will The Paint Job Eventually Go Bad?

I've owned ten different mopars since 1970. Not one paint issue,not to say it doesn't happen. My Magnum is three years old and no paint problems. Just keep it washed and waxed.

Old 06-13-2007 | 04:45 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Magnum Ma,
I have had so many people give me crap about my Dodge. Let me guess, the 'people' that are telling you that you made a mistake with Dodge are Ford, Chevy/GM or Foreign cars owners, right. Just like me saying that people make a mistake when they buy a Ford, Chevy/GM or Foreign Cars... Personal preference, that's all. Paint is paint. All cars have some bad paint jobs. Errors are proof that people are actually working...

Besides, I bet those people can be seen in your Rear View Mirror while driving your Magnum... They're just jealous!

Old 06-14-2007 | 05:36 PM
MagnumMa

Thank you Jimmy the Fuse. Yes, they are owners of Fords & Chevys, LOL.They have been giving us grief since we bought the car. According to them, "Dodges don't last long, The paint will go bad, They break down alot, We paid too much money, you can't add anything to a V6, so on and so on." Yes, jealousy might be an issue. This is our first "Brand New" car. Our past cars were jalopies and we wasted soooo much money on those cars; but they never said anything then. We deserve it! My husband & I worked very hard for it.
(WHEW) I feel better, LOL.

Old 06-19-2007 | 12:09 AM
65standard
All Star

the magnum isbasically aMercedes E500 with a dodge engine.

Old 06-20-2007 | 02:54 PM
Strykker
Professional

I don't who sells it, if you don't take care of it the paint will go bad. Regular washes and polish/wax intervals and clay it a couple times a year and you will be fine. I have seen everything from a Chevette to high end Benz look horrible.

Quick Reply: Will The Paint Job Eventually Go Bad?