Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Exterior Trim

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Imsinin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior Trim

I have read that many of you removed the trim from the exterior of your Magnums. Is there any special trick to this? I am not sure if they just stick on using a 3m type adhesive or if they are attached another way. I just want to be sure I do it the correct way as to not damage the paint.

Thanks

Old 07-11-2007, 06:47 PM
65standard
All Star
Default RE: Exterior Trim

i used goo gone to soak the top of the molding and let it soften the glue. i then used a plastic bondo spreader to get behind the molding and cut the glue off the paint. i kept adding more and more goo gone as i continued to cut the glue with the bondo spreader. it worked perfectly with no glue or tape left on.

all the emblem and moldings on my car were glued one. only the front ram emblem is bolted on.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Imsinin
Rookie

Thanks for the info!

Old 07-12-2007, 05:05 PM
shiltz
Captain

Be carefull if you do the bondo spreader, tried that on mine for the first piece (little one on the front fender), scratched up the paint cause of the dirt, sand, etc that gets trapped behind there. I found that a length of fishing line and two dowels, sticks or anything else you can tie it to for handles works great though.

Quick Reply: Exterior Trim