Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

HID lights - how do I stop the flickering

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 07:08 PM
cdsport1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID lights - how do I stop the flickering

I just bought HID lights for my Magnum. Does anyone have a quick solution to hook them up so they do not flicker. thanks

Old 09-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Tedman5
Rookie
Default RE: HID lights - how do I stop the flickering

Try reversing the polarity on the plug goin into the ballast from the stock harness connector.
If you look down inside the female connector there is little pins you can unlock to remove the wire and just swap the placements.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:29 PM
nyinstaller

that wont work sorry .

the way you need to stop the flickering ont he hid install is simple but requires some knowledge.

basically you need either one or two relays one can do both hid balasts but if you want to limit the amps on the relay than do two .

basically do this

pin 86 possitive low beam headlight wire from cars harness.
pin 85 ground,
pin 30 output two either one or both hid low beam balasts
pin 87a fused possitive wire from engine bay battery connections terminal( next to fuce box)
pin 87a not used.

the flickering is caused by a need to see a ground resistance on the wire or the car will shut down the wire ( when the vehicle is running only ) so the relay solves the problem I have done this in my personal mag a long time ago any more help email me at nyinstaller@aim.com

Old 11-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Daytona1454

I just saw this https://dodgeforum.com/m_928800/tm.htmpost regarding a fix; however, I opted to purchase the following: http://stealthauto.com/Products/HID-...__HID-CAP.aspx. It worked right after connecting and no cutting or electrical knowledge on my part as I was tired and ready to give up on my HID's I purchased on E-Bay almost 6 months ago.

I also wanted to thank Stealth Auto for the time on the phone to answer my questions prior to purchase.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:17 PM
06bighorn06

I have a 06 ram and just installed a hid kit from Notto. The low beams do not work, but the high beams do. Any solutions?

Old 05-31-2011, 12:23 PM
dgt_magnum

for anyone else needing to stop flickering, here are the error code eliminator's for half the price.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Er...minator-3-PAIR

Old 08-20-2011, 06:41 AM
hidcountryonline
Default HID lights - how do I stop the flickering

With global fuel and energy costs continually rising, it is worthwhile to take a look at the Title 24 regulations for ways to increase efficiency and energy savings for projects all across the nation.

Quick Reply: HID lights - how do I stop the flickering