Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

New Member Looking At Magnum

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007 | 09:05 PM
Pokemasterflex
Default New Member Looking At Magnum

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd come around and introduce myself I'm Chris I'm 19 and looking into buying a Magnum sometime in the future. I've got a few questions though. What do you think, keeping in mind I am 19 probably will be 20 or 21 by the time I get the car would be my best option (i.e. SXT, RX yaddayaddayadda) when looking. I live in NJ (about 20 minutes out of NY) so there is lots of stop and go (gas mileage going to hell) and THE IDIOTS don't even get me started on them [sm=headbang.gif]. I pretty much fell in love with the R/T it looks great, sounds great and has a bigger engine than my best friends Mustang *insert big grin here* but What do you guys suggest?

Old 09-12-2007 | 09:35 PM
46FD04
Rookie
Default RE: New Member Looking At Magnum

Be very careful. I test drove the 5.7L Hemi (R/T) and it flies.

As a new driver, you be very careful if you get one. The SRT is even faster.

My wife just picked up her 3.5L SXT, and absolutely loves it! And so do the kids.

GT in Ontario Canada

Old 09-12-2007 | 11:17 PM
Magmania
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 46FD04
Be very careful. I test drove the 5.7L Hemi (R/T) and it flies.
I would say that if you don't get the RT you will probably be kicking yourself later (IMO). That is what I have heard from alot of othersdid'nt go with the RT.

And on that same line of thinking I agree with 46FD04. Keep in mind that I am 45 years old and I have read posts on other forums from the younger owners and some of them do not seem so mature and responsible as maybe they should be.

Get the RT, the gas mileage difference is not that greatwhen compared to the power and performance difference. Plus with gas mileage, the biggest difference is how you drive your car.

Go big but be careful and responsible.

Old 09-14-2007 | 04:52 PM
Pokemasterflex

yeah thats my one reservation with the car being as powerful as it is (not to mention the mods I want to make) how eye catching not only for people but for cops it will be. Granted I like to think I am a responsible young adult (only one speeding ticket and the cop was a *****) but I dunno the other models just seem to weeny to me. Know what I mean?

Old 09-14-2007 | 05:29 PM
magmagnum
Rookie

Get the R/T and stuff the floor mat up under the gas pedal.....

Old 09-15-2007 | 03:44 AM
Pokemasterflex

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]ahhh that car brings new meaning to the word WHEEEEEE!!

Old 09-15-2007 | 08:48 AM
thankuhal
Professional

Hiya Chris,
You will love the magnum. I purchased mine two months ago. I bought an 06 SRT8. The giddyup will roll your eyes back upon takeoff. Have not had any problems as of yet, except the gas miledge. I gave that up the moment I drove it home for the week-end. I will be a dodge fan for a very long time. I am now saving to buy an SRT8 charger.

[IMG]local://upfiles/71292/E3B9E8622CFD42F4BD3CBD779AEA21E4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-15-2007 | 04:18 PM
davsnothere
Amateur

I drove a Hemi and then a SXT when I was test driving the Magnum and thought "the Hemi just sounds right".I was not too worried about gas mileage and as Magmania says, gas mileage is all how you drive.....but if you do get the Hemi,it'll be hard not to press that gas pedal because it's just too much fun.
I'm approching the 40 mark but I still get those "I'm invincible moments" and unleash the power,just be sensible.

Old 09-15-2007 | 07:33 PM
capnhook77

I have an SE and it is gutless, I got '20 wheels and have crappy gas mileage because the wheels are so heavy. Oh, did I mention, my car is a lemon. I also bought it used and it was a rental from some where. If you do buy one, buy it new and w/ the Hemi!

Old 09-22-2007 | 01:41 AM
mmtaylor

I had a pacific before this magnum and when hubby got his charger rt well i liked the power so we went and got me a used magnum. I am very happy with it. Runs great, awsome color (my fav) and it has the same gas milage as the pacific did. So you would not be lossing out there. You just have to be careful and within the next few years you will be more mature then you are now and should be able to handle the power then!

Quick Reply: New Member Looking At Magnum