Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

flex-fuel question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:32 PM
DakotaRT2K
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flex-fuel question

A buddy at work has become pretty fascinated with the magnum since i've ordered mine and thinks he might want one. but he is on this e85 fuel kick, he bought a caravan a couple years ago that ran on it, and wants to know if any/all of the magnum engines are available with that option. I didn't know and couldn't find anything on the web that said definitivly either way. so if any one knows...
-Ethan

Old 11-05-2004, 02:33 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: flex-fuel question

Nope

Old 09-03-2005, 08:44 PM
cmdycrzr
Rookie

Isn't the same 2.7L engine found in the Sebring that same as the Magnum? If it is, then according to the following link, it should be E85 fuel compatible shouldn't it? Or are there two variations of the 2.7L manufactured?

In light the BS fuel crisis, I think if DC was smart they would start building their engines so it can use both regular gas or E85 fuels.

http://www.eere.energy.gov/afdc/progs/veh_specs.cgi?365

Old 09-04-2005, 02:20 PM
a76marine

If you go to http://www.e85fuel.com you will see under the "Frequently Asked Questions" link that vehicles approved for e85 need to have special fuel filters and fuel line to deal with the extra corrosive ethanol.

Unfortunately the Mags are not yet ready.

Old 09-04-2005, 11:26 PM
cmdycrzr
Rookie

76Marine,

First of all, thank you for what you are doing over in the Middle East. I don't know if there is anything else I can say to express my gratitude to you and your fellow Marines. The media certainly does not do you guys/gals justice as far as I am concerned.

I read up on the E85 issue and it does seem like this country needs to move in that sort of direction to back off the need of imported oil. Too bad the oil companies are probably straggling anyone from making this become a reality.

Semper Fi, God Speed and hurry home to your Magnum!

Old 05-02-2006, 07:33 PM
JeyDizzle

I know this topic is pretty old, but I wanted to see if anyone else had any info on this. From what I understand all modern US vehicles are OK to run Ethanol (E85) from a mechanical perspective, but may or may not be set up to automatically detect the fuel mixture. I recently found the following link:

http://xcelplus.com/e85/Converter%20Store.htm

However, I'm not sure what kind of injectors the Magnum uses. Can anyone help with this? I'm very interested in running my Mag on E85 (since it burns cleaner and has a higher octane, and is considerably cheaper now), but I can't find any info on the subject for my hotrod.

Thanks!
JeyDizzle

Quick Reply: flex-fuel question