Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

CONSUMER REPORTS STRIKES AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 04:03 AM
billapex
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CONSUMER REPORTS STRIKES AGAIN

One of the things that surprised me about the Magnum review is that they said it had a big turning radius of 41'. Maybe the SXT is different than the RT, but I'm super impressed with the very tight turning radius of my RT, especially being as long as it is.

Old 11-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Dodge maniac
Professional

Consumer Report HATES domestic cars haha, all they care about is Honda, Toyota, and Lexus.[:@][:'(][sm=smiley35.gif]

Old 03-30-2005, 02:54 AM
illy
Professional

ORIGINAL: via500

According to CR everybody should be driving a Honda Accord. Anybody that thinks you rate a car on how many grocery bags fit in the trunk... snip
Well if this were the case the magnum should rate VERY high! I can almost fight a convenience store in the rear of this thing! hehe....

Old 03-30-2005, 12:00 PM
SteveS

ORIGINAL: billapex

One of the things that surprised me about the Magnum review is that they said it had a big turning radius of 41'. Maybe the SXT is different than the RT, but I'm super impressed with the very tight turning radius of my RT, especially being as long as it is.
I agree with you, and I have the SXT. They also criticized the visibility out the rear, and I don't have an issue with that either. Yes, it has smaller windows than your standard rolling greenhouse, but everyone that has been in my car doesn't see an issue either.

As for the comment on them rating the RT, they would rate that even lower than the SXT. Consumer Reports however, does not rate performance cars. The only value I see in Consumer Reports is their reliability index, but that is only as good as the responses they get in their surveys. And we all know, they will be slanted to the negative, since most people that have no problems, rarely respond to surveys. Just my $.02.

Old 03-30-2005, 03:03 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

I love my RT, it is the coolest car I have ever owned. The SXT is just as cool. They should not be compared to the Passat, it is so much bigger, but they are in the same price class.

That said, my 2001 V6 AWD Passat is quieter at cruise speed, and a more comfortable (softer) ride, and better handling on the curvy roads (I would expect that last one, with the Passat being significantly smaller).

I am hoping the noise and ride will improve when I get those 4x4 All Weather Contis replaced for the summer with Pirelli P7s of the stock 225/60/18 size (and yes, I set the tire pressure at the book values).

Old 03-30-2005, 09:22 PM
MattRobertson
Professional

ORIGINAL: joseph
If they had tested the RT, they would have had a different opinion of the Magnum.
Yeah they would have dinged it worse. Those guys have no concept of

"How much fun is it when you stomp on the gas pedal and rip past three a$$hole SUV's driving 5 mph below the speed limit before they can speed up and try to keep their lead in their little promenade?"

"How much do chicks dig it?"

"How much fun is it to tinker with?"

etc. Totally different criteria. CR's target audience would rate the SE highest I think.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:41 PM
MikeyB
Professional

CR is for people that cannot make their own decisions in life.

MikeyB

Old 03-31-2005, 05:18 PM
VegasBound

I agree 100%. I bought my SXT after driving the Passat, Jetta, Accord, Grand Prix, Grand Am, etc... Nothing feels or drives like this car, and none are nearly as cool. My wife made the point that they all look the same. Once I took her point of view, I realize that she was right. DC is the only company with ***** big enough to put a car like this into production. A friend of mine bought a 2005 Grand Prix GTP with the competition group on it thinking it was just bad-***. But guess who gets the looks when they drive down the road? My Magnum. Guess who gets 30 mpg on the highway? Guess who's trading his Grand Prix in for a Magnum? You just can't beat this car.

If your letting a magazine guide you on one of the biggest purchases you are going to make in life, then you should be driving an Accord.

Quick Reply: CONSUMER REPORTS STRIKES AGAIN