Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

CONSUMER REPORTS STRIKES AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 04:08 PM
chily3
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CONSUMER REPORTS STRIKES AGAIN

[&o]Just got our new issue of consumer reports. Seems they compared the SXT to the Passat, Highlander etc etc. Magnum ended up 13th out of 14.

OH WELL
Mike

Old 11-10-2004, 04:14 PM
saltracer
Default RE: CONSUMER REPORTS STRIKES AGAIN

I wouldn't get too excited about their ratings. They are obviously looking for something in a car that most enthusiasts don't care about. I do take notice of their reliability ratings. I think they have some merit.
Howard

Old 11-10-2004, 04:53 PM
chily3
Rookie

I agree about their ratings, They normally do not like any american car. Let alone something different. We also have a Benz and wonder about the reliability rating on those as well. Wonder how many people actually respond to the survey that makes up the reliability ratings.

mike[8D]

Old 11-10-2004, 10:31 PM
kmag50
Rookie

Personally I dropped that magazine....I think they are very anti Chrysler myself....believe me if the magnum was badged a Honda or Toyota....it would be the most wonderful thing since apple pie...to me they are very biased...I am going to buy what I like not what they like...just venting here...haha...Kent

Old 11-10-2004, 11:56 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You couldn't have said it better. I couldn't care less what CR says, but will sometimes look at what they say on some items just as a start. Like washing machines and televisions, not my car or bicycle.

Old 11-11-2004, 04:22 PM
MAGNUM8R
Rookie

I also agree with the replies. They didn't even test an RT, it would be tough, as NOTHING compares to it value, function, apearance, etc.
I also believe that they are biased, and that the same car under one of their favored makers would have been right at the top!
At leaset we all know what we've got, can't be beat in my book!
8R

Old 11-11-2004, 06:45 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Car critics are like movie critics, we all don't have the same tastes or interests.

Take what they say with a grain of salt, I only look at their times for acceleration, braking, etc.

Love my RT,

Bob

Old 11-11-2004, 10:40 PM
kmag50
Rookie

Just for example..I remember when Motor Trend magazine rated the 2004 Dodge Durango number one over other SUVs in its class..Consumer Reports comes out after that an blasts the Durango every which way but up....now who am I going to believe...Motor Trend of course....CR will never be in my house again!!

Old 11-13-2004, 04:27 PM
via500
Professional

According to CR everybody should be driving a Honda Accord. Anybody that thinks you rate a car on how many grocery bags fit in the trunk or how high the gas mileage is but totally ignores how well a small car stands up to a big car in a wreck should go buy a Honda Accord! BTW my 1969 GTO which is an evil car by CR standards, is a blast to drive, has been incredibly cheap to own and maintain and at the same time is very valuable, what's a 1980 Accord worth?

Old 11-14-2004, 02:10 AM
joseph
Rookie

If they had tested the RT, they would have had a different opinion of the Magnum.

Quick Reply: CONSUMER REPORTS STRIKES AGAIN