Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

SXT vs RT

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 01:52 AM
RcBandit28
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SXT vs RT

If I was going to buy one...I think i'd get the SE...the 2.7 is all the power that car needs. HAHAHA yeah that is a bunch of BS. The 2.7 is WAY TO SMALL for the Magnum, the 3.5 does a good job powering that car, and if that is more in your price range all the power to you. If I was getting ready to buy a Magnum, there is no way I'd buy one w/out the HEMI under the hood.

Old 11-29-2004, 05:01 AM
sikpuppy
Professional

Just a quick FYI to all the SXT owners. Just because you have a V6 doesn't mean you don't have a hemi 'cause YOU DO!! The 3.5L is still a hemi, just a V6 hemi instead of the V8. So, when asked, you can honestly say it DOES have a hemi, just not the 5.7L hemi.

I just thought everyone would like to know that little bit of info, just for the record.

Old 11-30-2004, 01:24 AM
BODIEO

ORIGINAL: cmdycrzr

SXT owners, do you regret not getting the Hemi because of lack of power?

Or conversely, do RT owners regret not getting the SXT because of gas mileage issues or that the Hemi is just too much.

Curious minds (and a future Magnum owner) wants to know!

I have chosen the 6banger over the hemi because of the MDS system. Cadillac tried this approach and the concept of shutting down four cylinders withj disasterous results. I'm waiting to see two years from now, which engine overall will end up toast.

Old 11-30-2004, 01:49 AM
ItsDartsSXT

ORIGINAL: sikpuppy

Just a quick FYI to all the SXT owners. Just because you have a V6 doesn't mean you don't have a hemi 'cause YOU DO!! The 3.5L is still a hemi, just a V6 hemi instead of the V8. So, when asked, you can honestly say it DOES have a hemi, just not the 5.7L hemi.

I just thought everyone would like to know that little bit of info, just for the record.
Would we call this the "Semi-Hemi" or "Hemi-lite" or "Mini-Hemi"? LOL.... and is this REALLY true?

Old 11-30-2004, 02:26 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Yes the 3.5 & 4.7 are "semi-hemi" they have the same "semi-HEMIspherical" BASIC design as the 5.7. I had a 2002 1500 with the 4.7L and when i read the SH head design, I made a windshield graphic with "SEMI-HEMI" and everyone thought that I trying to say it was a SEMI-TRACTOR because of its looks.

I have found 2 problems with owning the SXT

1) Getting asked that friggin question

2) All the hot doggers out there trying to prove something. Point-in-case: Yesterday I get onto a highway. There was a semi, a BMW and then me. As we merged onto the lane, I waited for the BMW to get in the left lane and pass the semi. After waiting about 5 sec he didnt and I passed him. Then the *sshole decided to try to cut me off, yelling "HEMI THIS" as he did. I was already half a car length on him and he drove me onto the shoulder. I gassed and kept goin. Then he decided to ride my bumper. As we passed the truck I got over into the right lane to let the guy go. He passes and then cuts infront of me and slams on brakes. Nothing like going from 70 to 30 in a split second. I see the semi bigger than I'd like to in the rear mirror and floored it and got into the left lane. Again he tailgates. I said the hell with it and gassed it. Short story long: After a lil bit he slams on his brakes, I look down see 110mph, look up and see blue lights. I guess the radar dectors do work haha. 110.7 in a 60 zone. 50 over plus reckless. Going to court to plead my case of being on the receiving side of road rage. Hope to get the reckless taken down to careless or dissmissed. $$ fine is $200+ court costs. Might have been cheaper to pull over and beat the sh*t out of him.

Old 11-30-2004, 07:42 AM
ItsDartsSXT

ORIGINAL: 356MAGNUM

CLIP.... Might have been cheaper to pull over and beat the sh*t out of him.
More gratifying as well

Old 11-30-2004, 03:24 PM
sikpuppy
Professional

ORIGINAL: 356MAGNUM

CLIP.... Might have been cheaper to pull over and beat the sh*t out of him.
True, but then you might have damaged your hands on the d***head and not be able to drive your Mag!! LOL I get that crap all the time, especially since i put duals on my Mag and it sure doesn't sound like a 6 banger so I get challenged all the time by ricers, trucks, old school muscle cars in my part of town. Comes with the territory I guess. BTW, from what I have been able to find out from some of the dealerships in town, they are selling about 3/1 SXT vs RT.

Old 11-30-2004, 04:01 PM
ItsDartsSXT

I've only be challenged once. I was on a service drive, at a light, shortly after the light was the onramp to the freeway. I was in the right lane, a Honda accord with a 6 cyl was on my left and i had to get over to make the ramp. I beat the guy from the light and got about 3/4 car lengths ahead but couldn't pull away and he wasn't letting up, I was close to redline in second gear and had only a couple hundred feet to get over, luckily for me he let up and I got in. At first I was kind of bummed that I couldn't pull away, but then conceded that I had about 1500 more pounds of car than he did, so I felt a little better about it.

Opps, this was suppose to be in reply to 356Magnum.

Old 11-30-2004, 08:49 PM
cmdycrzr
Rookie

I like the "Semi-Hemi tag...you could have a lot of fun with that!

Old 11-30-2004, 11:53 PM
sikpuppy
Professional

Guess I'll have to try to design a SEMI-HEMI badge for us to replace the SXT with! LMAO!!!!! ROFJLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!