Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Big dogs in Magnums?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Big Jon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big dogs in Magnums?

I've been waking up thinking about R/T Magnums but I need to know how tall the cargo area & back seat folded flat is. My traveling buddy is a retired greyhound & he's about 30" tall at his shoulder. I have a PT Cruiser GT with the rear seats removed and a Dakota quad cab and the seat bottom folds up. No Magnums on the lots near me so any help appreciated.
TIA, Jon

Old 12-02-2007, 08:39 AM
darkrt
Professional
Default RE: Big dogs in Magnums?

I measured about 31' at the back seat foulded down. It tapers off to about 15' against the back hatch. Looks like a tight fit for yourbuddy,IMO.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Big Jon

Thats not what I wanted to hear but thanx for checking for me. Maybe I could remove the big section of the rear seat, I seldom have more than one 2 leged passanger.

Old 12-02-2007, 10:31 AM
fr8hauler
Rookie

Just thinking, what if the back floor area cover was removed? Would that give enough extra height in the very back?

Old 12-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Big Jon

ORIGINAL: fr8hauler

Just thinking, what if the back floor area cover was removed? Would that give enough extra height in the very back?
Thats a great idea, I haven't been able to look one over since they first came out. Is the cover the full size of the area behind the rear seat?Very few Magnums around here, no new & very few used.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:48 PM
HeRoze

Hey, I have two retired greys. One is a light 70 lb female and the other is a quite large 90 lb male, who is 30 at the shoulders, and a bit taller at the hump in his back. They fit just fine, though their heads do touch the headliner. I have to walk them into the back seat, and have the other one folded down to get them in. Once they lay down, life is good! They also like to stand and look out, drool on the kids in the backseat, whatever. Oh, we keep that floor cover out, so there is an extra few inches.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Big Jon

You are a lucky family to have 2 greyhounds. I had 2 when I first adopted 12 years ago but just have one now. Good to know a big boy will fit OK, thanx a lot. Cruiser comes to work with me most every day so he is a major consideration when car shoping. The hemi is for me

Quick Reply: Big dogs in Magnums?