Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

RECALL for RT

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 01:40 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RECALL for RT

The function 14 or VIP request done at the dealer provides the vehicle build date along with the sale date and partial list of options. It also listes any recalls that apply that to that vehicle. I COULD do a few from home but don't want to get swamped with requests. Email VIN and mileage for info.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Inferno RT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dodgemech, Just checked and mine was built 4/19/04 drove it home 6/18/04. Sure is nice to read some of the remarks from a mechanic. Keep it up no matter what the guys say.

I'm all ears..

Old 12-13-2004, 07:28 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Just got my RT back from the dealer, took it in for the two recalls.

I get my wife to come with me when I drop off the car at my local dealer, so I can get a ride back home. Service guy saya they have the parts for the recall and do I want to wait for the car? I should have known better, I say - yes, I will wait and tell my wife to go home, it is 8AM now.

At 9:15 AM I am getting curious about the delay and was ready to ask what is going on with my car. Dealer advisor says the mech broke off the first bolt to fix the radiator mount, that they have to remove the grille to drill out the bolt and retap the hole. It is going to take 2 hours more.

I say okay, I will call the wife to come back and pick me up. Advisor guy says "OH no, we will give you a ride home". My wife could have been ther in 20 minutes, I end up waiting 30 minutes to get a ride home. [:@]

Dealer finally calls at 2 PM to say car is now ready, so it took 6 hours to fix my car.....glad I didn't wait for it.[:@]

Radiator mounts were fixed and my antifreeze was okay.[&:]

Just glad it is all over with and my "Baby" is home safe and sound.

Bob

Old 12-13-2004, 07:42 PM
sikpuppy
Professional

I had the same experience but not to that extreme. The bolt on my driver's side of the radiator (was the the same for your's) was apparently cross-threaded on a lot of Magnums and caused them to ovetighten on the bracket which led to the brackets breaking from the stress. My dealership only took about 2-1/2 hours for the whole process. They didn't remove the grille but removed the air intake and used an elbow drill to drill the bolt out. Much simpler and way faster. Sorry they kept you from your baby so long, withdrawal is Hell ain't it?? LOL

Old 12-14-2004, 11:32 AM
MagnumRT
Captain

Dealer never said anything about my Flowmasters or the 360 Air Intake system on the car.

I did get a postcard from DC asking if my antifreeze was okay or did they have to replace it. I guess they are trying to narrow down what cars were affected or the time frame of the goof up.

BTW, my VIN number is 5H117290 (last 8 numbers) and my antifreeze mixture was okay and did not need any attention or fix.

Just glad it is over with.

Bob

Old 12-14-2004, 11:41 AM
HemiMag
Veteran

I am going to head out shortly for my appointment to get my
RT looked at. I am going to mention the problems that have
come up with the bracket fix....maybe that will help if they are
aware of it ahead of time, since I was told mine will be the first
Magnum they will have in their service dept.

I guess I will see what happens....

Old 12-14-2004, 04:24 PM
Tedman5
Rookie

So have they sent out letters pertaining to this yet? I haven't received mine if so.
I did find it on the self service page on the Dodge website by inputting the VIN. My born on date is 5/04 and only subject to bracket recall.

Old 12-14-2004, 05:10 PM
sikpuppy
Professional

No letters yet but should be in the next week. That's why many of us stay updated via the Dodge site and another site that puts out EVERY manufacturer's SBAs. Dont'have it but I posted it somewhere in the forum. If you need it, I'll send it to you.

Old 12-14-2004, 05:39 PM
HemiMag
Veteran

Finished with the service....No problem with the removal of the
brackets....

They did drain 4 qts of coolant and refilled...invoice states
"Protects to 37 degrees"

Old 12-14-2004, 07:55 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

On second glance...................................[:@]

I had some time today, so I checked under the hood to see what the dealer mech. did. Good thing I checked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![>:]

The broken bolt head was left laying on the radiator support, I guess it was too much trouble for the mechanic (?) to discard it properly.

The IAT (inlet air temperature) sensor was not in the intake tube, but dangling by the wire harness, just inches from the radiator fans. So unfiltered air was being sucked into the intake inlet.

Then I noticed the loose, dangling hose clamp - that was supposed to be on the intake tube. Not cool[&:]

Took me a few minutes to get everything back the way it should have been. This is why I don't trust dealer mechanics.......sorry DodgeMech, but most are not as good as you.

I guess I should be glad that they didn't charge me because I have the 360 Air Intake system on the car, air intake is not stock.

Just venting some steam here, bare with me.

Unhappy customer,

Bob

Quick Reply: RECALL for RT