Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

K&N Intake questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Pokemasterflex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N Intake questions

Hey guys I just have a quick question. I have read literature on the K&N Intakes and I think thats what im gonna go with when I get my Magnum. But do you need a tune or not? I have heard people on both sides of the fence

Old 01-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Strykker
Professional
Default RE: K&N Intake questions

It depends on what you consider tuning. You can just install a CAI and the intake side of the engine will run better. The problem is unless you unrestrict the exit side (free flow mufflers and hi-flow cats, you don't get much out of it. Always remember if you force more air in the front you have to equalize your system by increasing the capacity at the back.

On another note I had the K&N system and it just didn't seem to do much even with theaftermarket exhaust.I switched to the AirAid kit and along with the Zoomers cat-back exhaust system I really felt a difference. Just another vendor to give a look at.

This is my underhood setup.
Name:  DSC00789.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  53.4 KB

Old 01-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Pokemasterflex
Default RE: K&N Intake questions

well I am planning as I said on a K&N with most likely Magnaflows but there is still time to change my mind. Do you think a tuner such as an SCT or a Predator would benefit me?

Quick Reply: K&N Intake questions