Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Exhaust/Cat Back Systems and Headers

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 04:29 PM
farhawk
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust/Cat Back Systems and Headers

ORIGINAL: MyRT

farhawk, The stock system is 2 1/4"
Thanks Don, I was assuming it probably was but it's nice to know for sure.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:19 PM
mavado007

I just got a killer deal from LFP. $649.00 Shipped for the Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust!!! www.stores.ebay.com/lightningforceperformance

Old 12-14-2004, 05:04 PM
farhawk
Rookie

ORIGINAL: mavado007

I just got a killer deal from LFP. $649.00 Shipped for the Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust!!! www.stores.ebay.com/lightningforceperformance
mavado007,
I almost hate to tell you this but others may be pondering this system as well. http://www.highhorseperformance.com/ sold me the system for $595.00 with free shipping!! Seemed like as good a deal as I was going to find so I bought one. You do need their promotional code. I lost that already but email or call them to get it.

I can't believe I bought my first mod and I don't have the car yet.

Old 12-14-2004, 05:12 PM
BMWDON
Rookie

Farhawks right, I got mine for $599 shipped, and their price for the K&N system is pretty decent too

Old 12-15-2004, 02:55 AM
mavado007

Well, I just spoke with Mark @ LFP and he gave me a credit on my kit and is dropping his price to $589.00 Shipped. Pretty nice guy, most vendors just take your money and say tough luck. Thanks for the Info farhawk & BMWDON!!!

ORIGINAL: farhawk

mavado007,
I almost hate to tell you this but others may be pondering this system as well. http://www.highhorseperformance.com/ sold me the system for $595.00 with free shipping!! Seemed like as good a deal as I was going to find so I bought one. You do need their promotional code. I lost that already but email or call them to get it.

I can't believe I bought my first mod and I don't have the car yet.

Old 12-15-2004, 01:54 PM
farhawk
Rookie

Under $600.00 seems like a reasonable price to me. Now we need some Headers!

Old 12-15-2004, 03:18 PM
BMWDON
Rookie

got a call from the guys at highhorseperformance.com last night confirming my exhaust order, I asked about dynatech and if they planned on carrying them, he said they were in the process of getting an account set up through them, and he confirmed that the headers would be available around begin/mid feb, which goes with what the guys at dynatech had e-mailed me. Can't friggin' wait!!

Old 12-16-2004, 12:58 AM
MAGNUM8R
Rookie

They all sound pretty good, but waiting for my Engineered set from Gibson Performance, the had my RT for a week, and promised to put the first production system on it in Jan. Bummer I have to put the factory intake back on for Dyno tests! i get a killer sound out of CGS intake!
It's all WAYY too good with this Magnum!!
Later,
'8R

Old 12-16-2004, 03:28 PM
k2pow

Magnaflow guys, are you able to rev. your motors up smoothly or do you feel some hesitation? Once I am on the gas and all 8 are firing it sounds and runs perfect. The feeling I have is that there is not enough back-pressure. Like the air is not constantly being pushed out the back and as it feels boggy and non responsive. I think what I am feeling will get better once I install this K&N typhoon kit and reset the computer again. Anyone feel this? Thanks in advance.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7415/74AD5C3E55354B5DBA15A4ECEC165ACA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-16-2004, 11:47 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

I was going to say this one looks good. Borla also makes a similar kit for around $800. FOr now I just cut off the resonators, put a length of pipe and rewelded the OEM tips back on. Still quiet, but now a nice subtle growl.

BTW, Im Roger, a newbie in Columbus, Ohio. Ive had my blue Hemi since August. Ive done some exterior mods like Viper stripes in white, and a WRX type hood scoop. Some trick OEM wheels. Ill get a pic when weather gets better. My best friend who just finished up building a 96 Trans Am WS6, sold it and got a red Magnum last week cause he liked mine so much Hope i can learn some and share some with you all.

Quick Reply: Exhaust/Cat Back Systems and Headers