Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

removed resonators

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 04:31 PM
sask_cruiser
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removed resonators

well before the weekend i had my resonators removed and pipe put in place and my tips welded back on. i have an 06 magnum r/t by the way.. well i don't know if my car did this before or if it's because i removed the resonators.. but when cruising and the rpm's are around 1500 or a bit less, they willdrop a bit more and kinda stay there.. if i give it a little bit more throttle the rpms dont' jump up and just gains speed.. not fast but not slow at all.. i was wondering if anyone else has done this to their car and noticed this? and if it' normal or not? i don't think it's really anything serious but it's just a little bit annoying. when i step on the throttle to speed up, the rpms start climbing.. its just when i'm crusing and just go to speed up a little bit. it could just be all in my head and never noticed it before tho lol. but with the resonators gone it gives it a little bit louder growl. sounds better than stock and not loud enough to have the cops after me.

Old 02-21-2008, 12:44 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Default RE: removed resonators

Sack Cruiser,
Removing the Resonators was my cheapest and favorite Mod. (but the Eibach Pro Springs are awesome!) I can't say that I notice a drop in RPM's ever, but without the Resonators, you can hear when you go into MDS Mode. Also, when you cruise at 40 MPH the 5.7's seem to vary in RPM right around 40 MPH, like it doesn't know to go fast or go slow...The only thing I noticed the Resonator Mod does isthat it gives the Hemi a nice growl.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:44 PM
sask_cruiser
Rookie
Default RE: removed resonators

ya i dunno... when i'm driving and barely touch the gas the rpms usually drop from like 1500 down to 1200 and stay there while it slowly accelerates.. kind of annoying but whatever lol. i dont' really know what it sounds like when it goes into MDS mode because i've never really paided attention lol

Quick Reply: removed resonators