Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Windshield - rain sensing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Pentagon Magnum
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Windshield - rain sensing?

Just installed the 40 dollar automatic light switch in my RT. I took the panel under the dash partially off and squeezed the tabs out with my fingers. Took 15 minutes (would have taken 5, but my 4 year old daughter wanted to "help"). Quick, painless, and now I have the automatic lights and they work great. The lack of auto lights was a big downer for me, so thanks to all who input their advice and part numbers!

Old 01-25-2005, 01:07 AM
gone2vegas

The auto headlight mod will only work if you have the temp sensor on your Magnum. If you look at the center of your dash right where it meets the windshield you will see button, that's the sensor.

If you follow the link that bkmgrt provided you will see a picture of it, along with instructions on how to install the switch.

Old 05-30-2005, 11:25 AM
dcc3341

Does his switch allow the lights to dim when on brights, just auto on/off, or on/off when parking car and walking to house?
Thanks

Old 05-30-2005, 12:02 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Dodgemech,

Do you know if the dash sensor can be added with dealer programming? I have the Base SXT and didnt get any of the toys. If the dealer can program the brain after I install the dash sensor and autoswitch, then I know a new upgrade that I will be doing. Also about the foglights, can the be added as a dealer programmable option. In one of your many manuals, is there a page that has all the dealer programmable options? And one last ?, the rear doors have the mechanical child safety switch, I disable them and the programming of the car still keeps the rear locked even with power off, I have to unlock the doors using the switch or manually lift the ****. I know, I know but they are spoiled rotten and I would rather like the opening by just the handle like the front seats. I am deployed alot of the time lately, and can't just run down the dealer as much as I would like to. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Windshield - rain sensing?