Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

tire problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Wile C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire problem

Just got a set of new tires on my R/T the last friday and yesterday and today I keep hearing a sound from the back wheel area almost like if something was sliding around loose in the cargo area. I checked it out and there is nothing back there or anything loose in the area where the spare and battery are housed. Any ideas before i have to take time off to deal with this? Like i said, it only happens when I turn into my driveway making a right.

i spent 4 hours at the tire place last week, i really don't want to have to go back. I had them put on the stock tire size 225 60r 18

thanks for any ideas that might keep me out of Merchant's

Old 05-09-2008, 11:59 AM
magmagnum
Rookie
Default RE: tire problem

I`d check the sparetire compartment....it sounds like maybe they took out the spare/jack/lug wrench for some reason , and didn`t get it put back the way it`s suppose to be. Double check the wing nut is holding everything down tight.

Other than that ...I have no clue.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:22 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Wile C,
How many miles you have on it? I had a noise coming from the back end like something hit the back every time I took off, it ended up being a bad piece of rubber in the Drive-Line. I tore it up pretty good. It happened to me at about 65,000 miles or so...

Old 05-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Wile C
Professional

thanks guys...

i reckon i'll eat the time to go back to merchant's next week. just didn't want to waste another friday afternoon dealing with this. the car has just shy of 15k on it. the noise seemed to happen a few days, 5, after the new tires were put on. just to be safe I am going to double check the lug nuts today.

Quick Reply: tire problem