Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Trying to replace the console cupholder

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Wile C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to replace the console cupholder

I am trying to replace the cupholder in an 05 Magnum but cannot figure it out I removed the 2 screws on the part of the bezel that is near the ashtray, removed the plastic chrome trim around the shifter and the tray or whatever you want to call it next to the shifter but it won't lift out. I was afraid to yank on it for fear I'dbreak something. I can't tell if it just snaps in or there are a few more screws I am not seeing.

any ideas?

thanks

Old 06-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Wile C
Professional
Default RE: Trying to replace the console cupholder

I got it done if anyone wants to know how, here's what you do:

pop off the ashtray plate and remove the 2 screws behind it, lift off and remove the little plastic tray just below the ashtray and remove the 2 screws. Remove the plastic chrome trim and storage thingy next to the shifter. Open the arm rest and remove the tray at the bottom. Take a 8 mm socket and remove the 3 bolts. Put the car in neutral and engage the parking brake. Carefully slide the console back and lift, not too far up, unplug the connector to the 12v outlet. Remove the console and flip over and take out the 4 screws holding the cupholder in. There are 2 tabs that the chrome trim snaps into on the cupholder. I used a flathead screwdriver to help move the tab so that the cupholder would come out. Reverse the steps to put it back.

Lot of work for a $160 piece of plastic...but it looks great..no scratches or blemishes. I don't really eat or drink in cars so it was a real eyesore when mine was flawed/messed up by the previous owner.

Old 06-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Want to be

what did you replace the cupholder with?

Old 06-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Wile C
Professional

an oem one from mopar...very expensive butworth it to me.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Want to be

interesting....if you get a chance, if its not to much trouble. please post a picture.

thanks jpc

Quick Reply: Trying to replace the console cupholder