Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Magnum tire size question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 04:18 PM
teamwbfd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum tire size question

Hey all, forum noob here (posting anyway). Just got the news I need new tires. I'm wondering what is a good size/brand to upgrade to. I've got an 05 SXT and would like something different. Size now is 215/65-17. I have to (2 small kids) keep the factory rims[:@][:@][:@]

Just wondering what would be a good upgrade, if any? Thanks in advance!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Want to be
Default RE: Magnum tire size question

I do not own a magnum as of yet, but i can provide some of my experinece on tires.

1st question, Does the tire over hang the wheel? If so, you tires are either a max width or are already to wide. (why) if you tires overhang the wheel, you lose performance and control.
2nd What Brand to buy, Bridgestone RE Pole Position are my favorite brand and style of tire. You may want to look @ an all weather tire instead of the Pole Positions.
3rd, If your tire does not overhang, google a tire size indicator tool or call or check out TIRERACK.com

goodluck

jpc

Old 07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
SRT_Sizzle
Default RE: Magnum tire size question

What kind of tires do you want? Something that's going to last forever, something that's going to be very grippy, etc... What part of the country do you live in? Do you ever have to deal with snow? Telling us that can help everyone recommend you the right tire.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:29 AM
suzyqtara2

I too need help deciding what tires and wheels i need to search for - I just sold my fort mustang gt and had nitto 555 extreme on it and loved those tires - i live in fort worth texas and it is always hot - when it rains it usually puddles or flash floods-we seldom have snow- if ever.. I have a 2005 magnum rt rwd stock tire size is p225/60r18 everyone says to put 20s on it - will the comfort be lost ? i personally do not care for a big wheel unless it is better for the ride.-I had staggered on my mustang and am undecided on the magnum.any advise would be appreciated.yes i am looking for new wheels and tires. i want something that can handle curves and better traction at higher speeds,

Old 01-22-2016, 07:38 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

7 year old thread....,

Keep in mind, your cars suspension was designed for the factory installed wheels and tires. You can go to an line tire retailer and can see different wheels on your car. The bigger the wheel diameter, the shorter the sidewalk, so yes, one could assume some ride quality would be lost by going with larger diameter wheels.

Quick Reply: Magnum tire size question