Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

First mods done!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005 | 04:19 AM
Hemi RT
Professional
Default RE: First mods done!

ORIGINAL: old Bob N.E. CA
heated seats… when have you ever had a cold rear end in a car? When these costly goo-gaws go wrong, the cost for repairs are great.
The people who have needed heated seats are those who live in the upper midwest and North East who have to deal with temps in winter anywhere from 20* - minus 10*. Have you ever gotton into a car that has been sitting outside overnight in 10* weather? Those heated seats are like getting into a hot tub. Once you experiance it it's hard not to go on without them!

Old 01-24-2005 | 12:04 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

We live in Florida and it does get cold here at times, it was a brisk 25 degrees this morning. My wife loves the heated seat option, as for reading a map - not her cup of tea. She would love the GPS, but we didn't get that option. Did get the Protection Group as the side air bags would help in a side hit, plus the self sealing tires and cabin air filter help. The Electronics Group is nice, I really didn't want it (it was on car) but have come to appreciate it more and more. The Conveneince Group is great, we both need the power seats, the dual zone temp and the heated seats. Car also came with the 6 disk CD player which I seldom use, but it was only $300.

All in all, I love my Magnesium Pearl RT, I have gotten over 25 MPG on the highway and the have had the car up to 120 MPH with no problems. Fun to pass cars on a two lane road.

Bob in Chilly Ocala Florida

Old 01-24-2005 | 12:54 PM
Pentagon Magnum
Rookie

Options...oh those options! I got all the options except the UConnect and tow package (because I'm not planning on using either of them). I couldn't imagine anything less than what I have now. The GPS, although I have a PDA with mapquest, is a great convenience just because it's so easy to use. It isn't the MOST accurate, but it's accurate enough to get me anywhere I want to go (so far). The heated seats are a must during the winter, even in our mild winters here in Oregon- they just feel so good. Then with the electronics package the information, although not necessarily NEEDED, it's fun to have. I also installed the auto light switch (took 15 minutes and 40 dollars), which removed the one downer I had about the Mag.
I just took a trip to Central Oregon on Saturday and put over 400 miles on the car in a day. I got 23 MPG on the total trip (which includes lots of mountain driving and 130 mph stretches). I tell ya, I love the car more and more.

Old 01-24-2005 | 04:29 PM
Inferno Magnum
Rookie
Default Autolights

ORIGINAL: MikeyB

The auto headlights is a no brainer. It's standard on the Chrysler 300C but not on the Magnum. The little round cap on in the middle of the dash near the windshield is the electronic eye for the auto headlight (only on Magnums with the dual climate control). The new headlight switch has a 'A' on it for auto mode. Only $28.32 from http://www.moparsupercenter.com/
MikeyB
Are you saying that all you need to do is replace the switch and you have autolights?

Old 01-24-2005 | 09:19 PM
MikeyB
|
Professional
Default RE: Autolights

[/quote]
MikeyB
Are you saying that all you need to do is replace the switch and you have autolights?
[/quote]

Yes, but it requires dual climate control on the Magnum.

MikeyB

Old 01-25-2005 | 09:05 PM
Inferno Magnum
Rookie
Default RE: Autolights

ORIGINAL: MikeyB

Yes, but it requires dual climate control on the Magnum.

MikeyB
[sm=smiley20.gif]Got that![sm=smiley20.gif]
Looks like I may have auto-lights real soon...

Old 01-31-2005 | 07:48 PM
Cal Jeff

well that sounds easy enough. That will be my third mod. The first one was to install the saddle bags. Second was to install the Sylvania SS bulbs. They were only $37 a set at Wal-Mart. Fourth will be the new K&N typhoon intake.

Old 02-02-2005 | 03:32 PM
TxRide
Rookie

I installed "airaid" intake box - very easy. most supraising effect was change in a exhaust tone - much more throaty. cannot say anything about power, she had plenty of it before. i read in some posts that you're suppose to reset ECU after such a mod?
I also installed wood grain interior finish. looks really good
Greg

Old 02-02-2005 | 03:57 PM
Danko

I am hoping for some details about removal of the air cleaner silencer. Has someone actually done this yet? I remember reversing the top covers of the air cleaners years ago and getting better sound and at least imagined improvement in performance including mileage. Heated seats are only necessary for leather (or vinyl?) seats. My wife has them on constantly, no matter the temp. Caring for her bottom is high priority around here. After the Germans laid me off, I appreciate my wife and her job even more!

Old 02-02-2005 | 04:45 PM
MikeyB
|
Professional

Danko,

Try this link for the silencer removal.
http://www.dodgemagnum.net/phpBB2/kb...e=article&k=17

MikeyB

Quick Reply: First mods done!