Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Clunking Noise when turning....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008 | 08:07 PM
B1GDAD
|
Default Clunking Noise when turning....

I own a 2005 AWD Dodge Magnum. And as of recent my magnum has started making this clunking noise when making a turn. Also when coming to a stop it will make a clunk. When turning it reminds me of a bad half shaft, but you can really feel a nasty vibration at the same time. Kinda feels like its from the middle of the car. The trans shifts fine. It feels like something is going to snap any time now.

I have searched the site to no avail. Can anyone HELP.

Thanx in Advance

Old 08-23-2008 | 08:30 PM
fr8hauler
Rookie

There was a TSB for a shudder when turning. They fixed or replaced the transfer case I think. If that's different from the turning noise, I also recently had my lower control arms replaced due to a clunking noise when turning left.
Good luck!

Old 09-03-2008 | 03:27 PM
Dynatherapy
Default Magnum RT AWD vibrating un hard turn

I too had the same problem.
I pulled the front wheels and assemblies off and checked the brakes and bearings with no results after a rotor resurface and pad change so off to the dealer she went.

I was informed that 3 clutches had blown in the AWD system and that was the problem because it was fighting itself with the lack of free differential spin.

The had it for 3 days and gave it back to me covered by the 7year 70K drivetrain warranty with only $100.00 deductible out of my pocket.

Also found out that my outer tie rods are sloppy but, now get this,,, they are on BACK ORDER. When they finally come in, it will cost $245.00 to get the rods changed out and reset toe alignment. SO, I bought the lifetime alignment from firestone and am looking for aftermarket tie rods.

Quick Reply: Clunking Noise when turning....