Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 03:59 PM
thuffman03
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Roof Rack

I'm not much on the looks of the rack. I don't have one. I can see the uses for it. It is a personal taste issue.

Old 02-02-2005, 05:33 PM
grinner
All Star

I just had mine removed. The headliner had to be dropped so it wouldn't get burned when cutting off the bolts that stick up through the top from the inside. They had to weld it smooth too. I explained this to them before hand but they wanted to use body filler instead and of course, that cracked right away.
It's taken them 2 weeks, with everything else I had done and the roor rack removal alone was just under $1k to get done.
I still havn't seen it complete (otta get it back tomorrow) but when I saw it with the rack gone and the bolts still there, it was a whole new car to me.
While I miss my car and wish I would have had it back over a week ago, I can already say it was worth it.
Aint a bigger eye sore on the magnum, imo, than the luggage rack from the 80s.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:36 AM
batex

I too like my rack on my RT. Its there if I need it, and doesn't interfere with either the SIRUIS or sunroof.

ORIGINAL: Pentagon Magnum

To each his/her own I guess. I wanted the roof rack on my Magnesium Mag because I liked the way it looked. Not sure if I'll ever use it, but it's there if I need it. I for one am glad they had it as an option. The good thing about it, MagnumRT, is that it's an OPTION...so you aren't required to have it

Old 02-13-2005, 06:46 PM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mu dark blue 1990 Taurus wagon had a very similar roofrack on it - the only thing I used it for was to mount a cb antenna.

Personal preference is what America is all about, ain't it?

Mike

Old 02-19-2005, 02:18 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Hey grinner,

I finally had some luck in the "Good Old Boy" network. The store that I buy my stereo equipment from recommended me to a body shop. The guy says he will weld, fill and paint For $400. I have seen his work on the classics at the local bar's car shows. And get this, he has a buddy that does windshields. And it just so happens to have a chipped windshield. He says he will take anything over his cost and reduce the $400 from what he gets from the insurance company. Wahoo something is actually going in my favor.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:06 AM
Black RT/AWD

I have a Black RT AWD and in my town, the dealer was lucky to get an RT AWD and it was allready decided what features it was being built with, so I couldn't pick and choose. This one has eveything you could get, including the " roof rack". I just took off the cross bars and honestly with the black on black it doesn't look all that bad. I hated em at first but I kinda like em now. No way am I trusting anybody with grinding and painting if it doesn't have to be done. Anyway I like to Kayak and it really comes in handy for putting em up there.

Old 03-02-2005, 03:26 AM
done
Rookie

I have a black RT AWD also. I had originally ordered a red one without the rack, but I got tired of waiting so I bought this black one. I seriously considered removing the rack but have not got around to it, but now it has grown on me so I think I will leave it there.

Quick Reply: Roof Rack