Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Stereo Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 10:00 AM
JC_Denton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo Install

Hello!
I have a problem to install my new stereo. I bought the stereo with 6CD carger and mp3 support to remove the "old" radio. I have a 2007 SXT and I´ve read that I must remove the cable of the negative batteryterminal. Ok, that is easy to do. The installation of the new radio does seem to be a problem. But after battery reconnection, I must calibrate the SAS of the ESP system. The model from 2005-2006 you can handle that easy by turning the steeringwheel from the center to the left and right end.
That´s all. But the ´07 need the factory scan tool to recalibrate the SAS (Steering Angle Sensor) after batteryreconnection. So the problem is that I don´t want to drive evrytime I´ve disconnected the battery to the garage to recalibrate my SAS. The original scan tool cost about 4000$.
That´s crazy!
So what can I do to recalibrate my SAS at home?
Which cheaper scan tool can do the job too?
Has someone a solution?

Much thanX!

So long.....

JC

Old 09-17-2008, 10:35 AM
JC_Denton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!

I Did it. I´ve swiched my stereo and all systems are ok and there are no problems. Before I started to remove the old one, I´ve removed the fuse 36. Now it is 3 Days ago and there are no problems with ESP or something.
By the way, I switched from REF to the RAK Radio.

see ya....

Alex

Quick Reply: Stereo Install