Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

best tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 02:24 PM
weitekampt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best tires

I am finally tired of dealing with a wobble at 35-40 mph. I had to have the tie rods replaced at only 29,000 miles and I am wondering if it was due to the tires that have slipped belts. These goodyears are junk. I am looking at Michelin primacyMXV4's or some Toyo's. Not sold on which one is best, but I can get the michelins for 151.00 a pop. Good deal.

But I am wondering what everyone is buying when they have to replace the tires. I only have 29k on it and there is plenty of tread but have to get rid of this wobble.

Any other thoughts besides the tires that have slipped belts? I have had the tires rebalanced 4 times.

Thanks for your help!

Todd

Old 09-13-2008, 09:44 PM
65standard
All Star

try some different goodyears.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:08 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Weitekampt,
I had my stock Conti's for 26,000 miles. While everyone else flamed these tires, I must have gotten a good set, as the Conti's were just about as good as the Goodyear F1's I have on there now. They stuck good, but wore quickly, due to the weight of the car, imo... As far as Balancing, I can feel a difference everytime I hit a bump at speed, so off I go for the Free Balancing. I was also lucky enough to not have the front end pulling problem a lot have experienced. Straight drive from mile 4. With the Eibach Springs, I can feel the grooves in the road. Very nice!

But back to your question... The Goodyears were $240.00 each. Not a good deal in my opinion, since I got less than 20,000 miles out of them. However, they were a very soft tire and were the best I have had, so far. I had some Toyos from 26,000 to 56,000, but those things were damn near bald when I replaced them, so don't expect 30,000 miles from a set of tires. Toyos were $121.00 Each. I am going to get a set of Toyos again soon, just need to lay off the 270 Degree Hairpin On-Ramp next to work here... (really pisses those BMW's off to Out Drive them in a Corner like that...) I always tell my friend with his 335i, that I consistantly own, "Be sure to tell your BMW Buddies you got beat by a Station Wagon!"

I was shopping for tires like mad about a year ago or so. The Goodyears were the best tire I could find with an SUV Weight Rating. Dunlop has a wicked tire, but not for the Magnum, due to weight... btw, I was shopping for a Sticky Tire, not a milage tire... Hope my rambling helps, hopefully Myth Busters will de-bunk my post and show you the best tire for the best price. Good luck!

Quick Reply: best tires