Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Quality of RK Sport and/or DG Motorsport

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 05:11 AM
StatueMan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quality of RK Sport and/or DG Motorsport

Yep...With more and more Magnums on the road I sure hate to think I'll see a "clone"...I'm rather impatient to personalize mine (Inferno, as well). I'm about to upgrade to 20" wheels, possibly the hood (?), exhaust, and an air box. But the hood gives me pause. I agree to that it's a shame to foist a less than 1st rate job on the buyer. I live in Germany (temp gov job) and if I take an obviously flawed product to my German shop for paint and/or repair I'll never hear the end of it. German's being German's, of course...
That said, I may have to wait 6 months to a year and see what's on the market...

Old 02-07-2005, 05:25 AM
grinner
All Star

from what I understand, they are getting orders and addressing issues... like the wipers.
I'm over the frustration part and now stepping back gon "daaamn"
feels good.
looks good.
it's all god.

Old 02-07-2005, 09:05 AM
StatueMan
Rookie

Just out of curiosity did you contact them about it? If so I'd be interested in the response. You can tell a lot about a company's character (and the people that run them) by how they address issues...or don't. I'm a big SAAB fan and was quite happy with the way the company treated customers until GM took over and the response to issues seemed to change overnight. I became a vin number rather than a customer...
If RK addesses these issues then they have a winner as far as design goes...
Your Magnum looks great and I'm sure it gets the "looks"...

Old 02-07-2005, 01:32 PM
grinner
All Star

I have not contacted them about it.
I sent one email and it got kicked back. Dunno if if it was an old address or what.
By the time I learned these things about the hood, it was too late for them or me to do anything about it, really.
They know about them though and are addressing them. I heard this on the grapevine.
I'll post pics of the wiper solution when I finish it.
Another hour or two of love will have it looking and working fine, I think. Just a matter of finding that hour or two this week.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:00 PM
HemiMag
Veteran

When did you actually purchase your hood? Was it one of the first shipped out?

Rex

Old 02-09-2005, 05:21 AM
sikpuppy
Professional

Ok guys, here's the scoop on the RK Sport hood. Yes there were problems with the first batch of hoods. Yes they have corrected ALL the problems noted by the early purchasers and will make some sort of offering to them for their troubles. Now the really good news, if anyone is interested in buying one of these, I have worked a deal for us to get up to 25% off the regular price if we buy enough of them at one time. If interested, just email me at tamatoyz@hotmail.com with your info. Once we have enough people participating, I will send the list of names to my contact at RK Sport, then each person will call in to that one person with payment and shipping details. I am just the middle man trying to help everyone else out and am getting nothing out of this except the satisfaction of knowing I helped some of my fellow Magnum owners save a few bucks and make their cars look and PERFORM a little badder. Hope to hear from some of you!

FYI - we have 10 people signed up so far, if we can get 1 more person, you get a 20% discount, 6 more and it goes to a 25% discount. Anyone interested???

Old 02-12-2005, 02:39 PM
HemiMag
Veteran

What's the status....we have anyone else onboard?

Old 02-13-2005, 06:47 AM
grinner
All Star

still rubs.

I cut as much metal from the wiper arm as possible and it still rubs just a bit. You can see where I had em o nthe toher night in the rain and it wore a groove.
I gotta live with a slight rub for now. I thought about making a little arm that holds up the middle of the cawl but I don't wanna go crackin that thang.

rainX is my buddy.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:05 PM
HemiMag
Veteran

For what's worth, I contacted RK last week....they told me the clearance
problem was resolved. They said that problem was present in only the
first handful of hoods sold.

It looks like I will be adding this hood to my RT....I am going back to
talk to the bodyshop Tuesday to get the final word.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:52 PM
HemiMag
Veteran

ORIGINAL: sikpuppy

Ok guys, here's the scoop on the RK Sport hood. Yes there were problems with the first batch of hoods. Yes they have corrected ALL the problems noted by the early purchasers and will make some sort of offering to them for their troubles. Now the really good news, if anyone is interested in buying one of these, I have worked a deal for us to get up to 25% off the regular price if we buy enough of them at one time. If interested, just email me at tamatoyz@hotmail.com with your info. Once we have enough people participating, I will send the list of names to my contact at RK Sport, then each person will call in to that one person with payment and shipping details. I am just the middle man trying to help everyone else out and am getting nothing out of this except the satisfaction of knowing I helped some of my fellow Magnum owners save a few bucks and make their cars look and PERFORM a little badder. Hope to hear from some of you!

FYI - we have 10 people signed up so far, if we can get 1 more person, you get a 20% discount, 6 more and it goes to a 25% discount. Anyone interested???

UPDATE
As of 1:45pm PST, we are still at 20%....we need 5 more to commit to the hood to get the 25%

Quick Reply: Quality of RK Sport and/or DG Motorsport