Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Metric in my cluster ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 03:57 PM
dante0
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metric in my cluster ?

Hi i have a dodge magnum 2.7 2005 and today a took the cluster apart to checka a broken lamp, so when a had the mainboard plugged in the car and hold it it changed from Miles to Kilometer and fharenheit to celcius , how did a do it ,a jus hold the main bord with my hands when it was plugged in ???

Old 01-26-2009, 07:20 PM
65standard
All Star

you can reset it with the function button (right arrow) on the steering wheel. scroll through (up and down arrows) until it displays "US" or "METRIC". your owner's manual can explain it better.

sorry, i just notice that it is an SE model. the only way is for the dealer to reset it with a starscan/starmobile tool since you don't have the steering wheel buttons. they can change the country code.

read this: http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/LX/TSB/TSB_0803104a.pdf

LANGUAGE: Select a language other than English in the instrument cluster display. Cycle
the ignition switch to the OFF position and open the drivers door to end the accessory
delay. Close the drivers door and turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Check the
instrument cluster display language. If the display is in English, the radio must be replaced.
If the display is in the language previously selected, vehicle is operating correctly.

U.S./METRIC: Select metric in the instrument cluster display. Cycle the ignition switch to
the OFF position and remove the key. Open the drivers door to end the accessory delay.
Close the drivers door and wait 10 seconds to allow the BUS to go to “sleep”. Start the
engine and check the instrument cluster display for U.S./Metric, if the metric setting is kept
repeat the U.S./Metric Diagnosis 5 times to insure the condition does not exist in the
vehicle. If the display reverts to U.S. at engine start the radio must be replaced.

Last edited by 65standard; 01-26-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:28 PM
dante0
Rookie

Thankx for all the info and fast answers from you
Best Regards Daniel

Old 02-12-2009, 08:34 AM
nonne-56
Thumbs up Kilometer and Celsius

Hi
Are you sure that it is possible to get kilometer and celcius in the display?
I have a 2005 Magnum R/T and i live in Sweden and here it would be nice to have it like this. I had my car at the Chrysler dealer and they tried with the Starscan but they could not change it, not even when they put in Canadian version. Also, they have not so much experience becouse Magnum has never been sold in Europe from the dealer,i bought mine from Florida. I have no buttons in the steering wheel,if i had that it is easy to change. So, anyone of you knows if it possible to change without steering whells buttons.
I have to say that this forum is a great place to find information about these cars.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:15 PM
65standard
All Star

they can change the country code with the starscan/starmobile. find another dealer with more experience.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:49 PM
nonne-56

Thank you, i called them and thay did not know there was a country code so they will try again. Here the Dodge/Chrysler dealers main business are FIAT and that speaks for itself.

Quick Reply: Metric in my cluster ?