Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Dodge Magnum reliability

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 03:47 PM
mkaresh
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Magnum reliability

In late 2005 I started conducting my own reliability research. I'm reporting absolute stats like "times in the shop" that will make the differences between cars much clearer. Relative ratings obscure too much--how large is the difference between "better than average" and "worse than average"? I’ll also be updating results four times a year, so there will be information on new models sooner.

From the start I've had excellent participation from Chrysler LX owners. 115 are currently signed up for the 2006 model year alone. But I'm short on 2007s, and more would be very helpful for all years.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur on a one-page survey. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members will receive full access to the results free of charge.

Details: Vehicle reliability research

For both 2005 and 2006 the number of repair trips per year for the 300, Charger, and Magnum has been in the 0.8 to 0.9 range. Worse than average, but much lower than your typical Honda owner would think. There hasn't been an improvement for the second model year, as is often the case.

Comments, questions, and suggestions welcome.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:41 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Magnum reliability

...just watching.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:31 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Totally reliable... It has never left me stranded. I did need some work to it, but it got to the Dealer under it's own power. Never Towed, never on a Flatbed... (besides the one they rolled it off upon delivery) Can't say that for my Chevy I had, nor my Toyota, nor my Honda... Every manufacture has bad runs of cars, I just got lucky with all 5 Dodges I've had and bad luck with the others...

Besides, this Station Wagon has so much style it out weighs the negative feedback... : p

Old 05-17-2007, 02:01 AM
Redhouse
Rookie

I have had my 05Magnum since the very begining, I got it in May of 04. To this day I have had not one problem from it and with routine mantenance, it's been the most reliable car I have owned in 20 years of owning my own cars. I usually trade my car's in right around three years, not this time. I might buy something else, but the Magnum is staying.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:37 PM
mkaresh
Banned

Problem-free cars are much more common than many people think. My research will make this clearer, as I plan to provide a stat on the percentage of cars that are problem-free once the sample size permits.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:45 AM
mkaresh
Banned

Updated results for the 2005 and the 2006 next month. Not enough participants for the 2007 yet--I suspect a byproduct of the many unsold 2006s.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
MARKR54
Rookie

I PUT 55K ON MY 1ST '06 MAGNUM AWD RT. NOW HAVE 6K ON MY SECOND. I RATE RELIABILITY AT "10".

Old 07-15-2007, 08:25 AM
mamas magnum

50,000 on my "05 and no problems other than normal maintenance. Will need new tires soon.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:31 AM
mkaresh
Banned

50,000 miles on a set of tires? I don't think I've ever gone over 30,000 miles on a set of tires, on any car I've owned. But the problem isn't with the tires.

Next results in August, More participants always helpful.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Vehicle reliability research

Old 07-30-2007, 10:30 AM
illusionz1

I've got 35k miles on my '05... the only problem I'm ever had was a clogged sensor in my transmission which the dealership took care of right away about 5 months ago... not a single problem after that yet!

Quick Reply: Dodge Magnum reliability