Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

removal of Satellite radio hump

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 09:20 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: removal of Satellite radio hump

Next to the faucet cover idea, is a rubber holeplug that electronics stores usually carry. They come in various sizes and usually come in black or white, but can be painted with fairly good results. I have taken off the roof rack of my magnum and March 23 I will be having the roof holes fixed and painted. Originally the owner of the body shop was going to charge $400 for the job, but he saw what I did for the stereo system upgrade and we worked out a deal to install a radio/speakers/cd changer in his new Mustang. The "Good Ole Boy" still works.

Old 03-16-2005, 04:42 AM
paintedantenna

Go to www.colormatchantenna.com I am a Dodge (SRT-4) guy myself. And I started this company because I found that XM and Sirius antennas are not pleasing to the eye. We color match the antennas to the exact paint code. And we are now offering the Mopar Sirius antenna painted to match your car. On almost every car forum their is somebody venting about the look of the antennas. Let me tell you that even with metallic our painting process does not affect the signal. We use a high quality paint with no lead, or metal particles. It's called Spies Hecker, part of the Dupont family.
Just thought I'd help.
Taylor

Old 03-16-2005, 02:59 PM
LtlDad
Professional

I have a question about the antenna: Does it need to be mounted to the outside of the vehicle and does it need to be on the roof. I know common sense would say yes (for best reception), but I wanted to know if it is possible to mount on the underside of the car or possibly in the front facia, out of plain sight.

Also, how long are the wires for the antenna. Since most are on the roof, towards the back of the vehicle, it would seem about 15' minimum would be needed to route it correctly to the head unit (in the dash).

Old 03-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Angry Pickle
Professional

The antenna needs to have a clear line of sight to the satellite. So no mounting under the car or underneath anything.

Right now I have my XM antenna sitting on my dash in the corner. Works fine, but it's just temporary. Haven't had a chance to reroute it somewhere yet.

Old 03-17-2005, 02:11 AM
grinner
All Star

my new antenna is on the dash, along with the nav antenna and it picks up just as well as the hump on the top did.
Somethin' else to shave, now.

Quick Reply: removal of Satellite radio hump