Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

removal of Satellite radio hump

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 12:35 PM
edt00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removal of Satellite radio hump

I have just become the owner of a 2005 Magnum RT. When I was looking for my RT I did not want the roof rack or the satellite radio. I like the cleaner look of the car without the roof rack or satellite hump.

But as it goes sometimes the deal was right and as you know I could not order a 2005 RT from Dodge do to the coming of the Charger. So I now have a car with Satellite radio.

Now please let me be clear, I am going to try the Satellite radio out. But I just can not see myself paying from Satellite radio; I get to many good radio stations being half from Norfolk, VA and Richmond, VA.

So the question is how can I remove the Satellite radio hump. I am assuming that there is going to be a wire way hole that I am going to have to fill, but how big is this pole. Also how is the Satellite hump held down. Has anyone removed this hump?

Thanks
Erik

Old 02-24-2005, 12:56 PM
VegasHemi
Professional
Default RE: removal of Satellite radio hump

I haven't removed one to see the size hole, but one idea I had to fill the hitch hole on my Lightning's bumper was to use a faucet hole cover from HomeDepot for about 3.00. The cover is brass and has a stainless steel finish. I just sanded the finish off and sprayed it with color matched paint. The cover, though it doesn't look like it from the picture, fits fairly flush. Of course you'll need to drop your head liner to attach the cover to your roof.

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.c...ler/166370.jpg

Old 02-24-2005, 01:02 PM
Black RT
Professional

I also did not want the roof rack or satellite antenna in roof>>>but the Black magnum RT I found on dealer search had the satellite radio option>>>at the time I got magnum I wished the hump was not in roof>>>but you try the free one year satellite radio and you will get use to the antenna in roof and would not want to give up satellite radio>>>>people will see hump in roof and say he has satellite radio wish I had it also>>>It may cost you a hundred or two to fill hole and paint>> then you will have a damaged repair to a new magnum>>>after a few weeks you want even thing about the hump being there.

Buddy in KY

Old 02-24-2005, 01:32 PM
xdavis24

I agree with Black RT. I'm from Hampton, Va (living in North Atlanta now) and I know how good the radio stations were when I was there. But honestly, I haven't listened to regular radio since I got Sirius with my Magdeline De Magnum.....I barely even listen to CD's anymore....there's just so much variety. The hump will become a non issue quickly once you get hooked on Satellite radio.

Old 02-24-2005, 02:44 PM
SteveS

I am on the Satllite bandwagon too. I was actually excited that my Magnum has built in satellite. I am also in North Atlanta, and even though we have a multitude of FM radio to listen to, I much prefer the commercial free satellite experience. Prior the the Magnum, I have been an XM listener, with a Roady2 mounted on my dash. Now I don't have that aftermarket look and can still enjoy satellite, but I just wish Sirius had the Nascar channel now, instead of 2007. I guess I will have to find a stealth installation for my XM if I want to continue with Nascar broadcasts.
My Magnum is black so you don't really notice the antenna, like on a light color.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:43 PM
xdavis24

Where in North Atlanta are you Steve? I live in Suwanee and work in Buckhead. And my Magnum is black too! Weeiiiirrrdd!!

Old 02-24-2005, 09:00 PM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about defining 'North Atlanta'? I live in Cumming and also have a black RT.

We should do a get together once of these days...

Mike

Old 02-25-2005, 04:47 PM
xdavis24

Hmm, defining North Atlanta? I consider Suwanee North Atlanta cuz 85 still has 4 lanes each way. I would consider Cumming North Atlanta also. Probably beyond Mall of Georgia becomes North of Atlanta.....

Old 02-26-2005, 09:01 PM
pillguy

Does anyone know if I can put an aftermarket radio that is Sirius SAT ready and link it to the antenna in the Magnum? I am looking at a Alpine 9830 deck.

Thanks

Old 02-28-2005, 01:32 PM
SteveS

I am in Lawrenceville, not far from the Mall of Georgia.
I work in the Ashford-Dunwoody/I285 congestion.

ORIGINAL: xdavis24

Where in North Atlanta are you Steve? I live in Suwanee and work in Buckhead. And my Magnum is black too! Weeiiiirrrdd!!

Quick Reply: removal of Satellite radio hump