Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2005 E-Brake issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:05 PM
OhCookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 E-Brake issues

E-brake has been acting up for awhile. Dealership quoted me $435 to replace entire assembly and I declined. Anyone else have similar problems? Any advice on what to do next? I would like to get the e-brake working again.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:27 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Yea, I know what you are talking about, I think... What exactly is wrong with your Parking Brake? I cannot park my car in my Driveway front end first, it will not hold in Neutral... But if I back in, the Parking Brake works just fine. Weird...

Old 02-19-2009, 09:10 PM
OhCookie
Default E-Brake issue cont'd

The parking brake release does not always release, it is as if sticks. The parking brake engages, it just does not always disengage. I have stopped using it for fear it will not release and then I am really stuck.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Strykker
Professional

Just thinking out loud, if your e-brake is pushed closer and closer to the floor and your release is stressed you have e-brake wear and need to either replace the e-brake pads or adjust the e-brake. If you good a following directions and have basic mechanical skills you can accomplish both right in your driveway. You can find the information with a little searching.

Quick Reply: 2005 E-Brake issues