Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Sat nav question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Hardpoint
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sat nav question

Does anyone know if Dodge, or anyone else for that matter, has an upgraded DVD for the in-dash satellite navigation? My Magnum is an '06 and the sat nav leaves a lot to be desired compared to the old Garmin unit that I have in my other car. Just seems like a lot of streets and things are missing. Didn't know if a new disc would be more up to date?

Old 04-17-2009, 12:56 AM
GHOSTRT

Check your owner's manual. There is a company called something like NAVTEC which provides the upgrades. Search their website and you can find if the area in which you live has been upgraded. Please just don't pay $200.00 to upgrade only to find out your specific geographic area has not been updated.

They also have a toll free number you can call. I received a notice upgrades were available and fortunately checked prior to blindly upgrading. There were no upgrades in my area and I would have wasted my dollars and received no benefit from it.

If you don't have an owner's manual your local Dodge dealer should be able to provide you with the information. Good luck!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Strykker
Professional

NAVTEQ is your only source. They provide most of the data for NAV systems currently on the market. Check around you can find the update for a lot less than 200.00 as well.

Last edited by Strykker; 05-04-2009 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 05-02-2009, 04:30 PM
fr8hauler
Rookie

No biggy, but I think it's Navteq (with a "Q").

Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Hardpoint

Excellent, thanks for the info guys.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:36 AM
chet_magnum

i have a question. i just picked up an 05 Magnum w / NAV and the screen reads DVD Error after 5 to 10 minutes of operation.

it's annoying as hell! i've called the sales guy and informed him, he told me check with service, which I did - made appointment online. going next week.

the Nav DVD itself is not scratched, so i'm guessing it MAY be something else.

otherwise, the thing is great!

Old 05-18-2009, 02:31 PM
chet_magnum

Originally Posted by chet_magnum
i have a question. i just picked up an 05 Magnum w / NAV and the screen reads DVD Error after 5 to 10 minutes of operation.

it's annoying as hell! i've called the sales guy and informed him, he told me check with service, which I did - made appointment online. going next week.

the Nav DVD itself is not scratched, so i'm guessing it MAY be something else.

otherwise, the thing is great!
New DVD and it works now. I guess those "minor" scratches were an issue. it didn't look any worse to me than any old CD that's three years old.

Quick Reply: Sat nav question