Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

This is my last straw!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 12:00 AM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: This is my last straw!!!!

I second the 'make-the-dealer-listen-to-it' concept - and while you are there, find another hemi to listen to, unless your dealer is like the one I tried ever-so-hard to get my RT from - who STILL doesn't have any RT's on the lot.

They put RT wheels on an SXT and fooled me for about 30 seconds, but not one.single.hemi.car on the lot...

Mine has a real slight tick to it, but it sure sounds like what dodgemech was describing - the emissions thing. I have a lumpy idle sometimes, but nothing I'll complain about, I just push a little harder on the 'GO' pedal...

Mike

Old 03-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Scott
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifter Noise

I get some lifter noise also. I had it with dino oil. I still have it with syn. I would find 5 Magnum RTs to listen to and see if yours makes a similiar degree of noise. If it is noisier than the other five, then maybe something can be done by the dealer. If your Magnum is similiar to the other five, then I recommend that you think differently about it. My hot rod experience from many years ago was that lifter noise was common to many hi-perf engines. When I hear the noise I just think that is a characteristic of a hi-perf motor -- a positive association!

Scott

Old 03-16-2005, 02:36 AM
MY HEMI
Rookie
Default RE: Lifter Noise

Thanks Scott good idea i will go listen to a couple R/T' s anyone live in NJ so i can take a ride by to listen to your's....

Old 03-16-2005, 04:41 AM
Scott

Does your dealer still have RT's in stock? If so, tell them you want to know if your lifter noise is unusual. The dealer can grab a handful of keys, you listen to each car for a minute, then listen to your car again. In 15 minutes you have your answer.

Scott

Old 03-16-2005, 11:15 AM
69RoadRunner
Rookie

Maybe they accidentily put a Chevy 350 in your Magnum. They usually have a valve tap around 700 miles.

Old 03-16-2005, 02:51 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Default RE: This is my last straw!!!!

My Hemi,
Just get on the Web and check the Dealers Stock over the Internet. You can select a milage radius search and check each dealer in your area. That's how I started, I found the Dealers with RT's and checked them out. That was until I found that they were marking them up between $3,000 and $10,000 above Sticker Price, listed as "Market Value". The damn thing didn't even have this "Market Value" button on the dash or anything... So I ordered mine from the only Dealer in Southern California that responded (positively) to my e-mail request. Most responses were like, "You want an RT? We can't keep them on the lot... We don't have any right now... Check back in a couple of Months...", I wouldn't have gotten my Mineral Gray if I had waited. Even my favorite Dealer, McPeeks Dodge of Anahiem, said that they didn't have any, but also didn't offer to order me one at Sticker price.

Recently I bought a 2005 Durango Limited Hemi for my wife, and all of the Dodge Dealers that I went to had plenty of RT's. Of course they were all in the back lot, dirty as hell, so they could advertise the one out in front with the 'Market Value" mark up on it. The Internet Search should tell you about the ones in the back lot. Go listen to others, a Service Manager has suggested that to me when I had problems with mine. "Bring it in and we will drive other RT's to see if they act the same way."

Old 03-17-2005, 12:24 AM
dodgemech
All Star

ORIGINAL: 69RoadRunner

Maybe they accidentily put a Chevy 350 in your Magnum. They usually have a valve tap around 700 miles.
Of course they will run about a million miles with that valve tap and do it while running circles around the LX.

Old 03-17-2005, 02:03 AM
billapex
Professional

Mine makes the noise, but it really doesn't bother me. Do I think it shouldn't make the noise? Sure, but then I hammer the gas, and the Magnaflows start singing.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:59 PM
TxRide
Rookie

I have AirAid intake and Magnaflow muffs (only resonators). Never had any ticking noise. Idles pretty smooth. I have noticed though change in a low revs torque - fell on the face! No way to get more than a chirp, even with ESP off. Overall power seems to be better; once over 3500 revs it really goes. Didn't time it, but it feels like i shawed 1/2 sec ( prob. not true, but i like to think so). No significant change in MPG. No mechanical problems after 6300 MI.
greg

Old 03-17-2005, 10:08 PM
MY HEMI
Rookie

Well i have the K&N CAI and the flowmaster cat back exhaust and my performance seems great can spin with ESP on until the computer takes control...I have no Bogging awesome power thru the rpm's Just this damm ticking noise but it runs great ....

Quick Reply: This is my last straw!!!!