Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Tinted Windows & Visors

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 06:01 PM
MagnumRT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinted Windows & Visors

Just had my front windows tinted darker, so that they match the rear windows, looks cool. Also had them put a tint strip on the front windshield, turned out great. Also put on the Vent Visors on the side windows to keep the rain out with the windows cracked open a bit. Not sure what % tint they used on the front windows to get it to match the rears.

Here in Florida we can tint the front windows, we also have no polution testing for cars, as the air is very clean here.

Some photos.

Bob

[IMG]local://upfiles/6365/82BEFCB26BF6405196C9CF666B83A724.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6365/D0B882A3A5AB44C38F3AD863743A7195.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Bobs05RT
Rookie
Default RE: Tinted Windows & Visors

Looks good. I wish the car came with the visor/eyebrow like most cars come with from the factory. I though some counties(Dade, Broward) required an emission test every year? What about an annual safety inspection on autos. Is it required in FL?

Old 03-19-2005, 12:27 AM
grinner
All Star

small as it is, thank you for opting for the eyebrow thats prallel with the cut of the windshield rather than letting the tint shop use the window film's straight edge out of laziness, creating that warped bubble effect.
Looks great, man.
This is only the 3rd magnum I've seen with this kind of eyebrow, mine and my wife's being the first two.

Old 03-19-2005, 01:41 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

To answer your question, the tint shop did put in the "lazy eyebrow" tint strip on the front windshield. I took one look and had them change it to just a straight line, the guy had to free hand it, but it looks good.

As for testing here in Florida, only the bigger cities had car polution testing, but the state dropped that over a year ago. So no car polution testing of any kind here in Florida.

There are no annual car inspections here either..........what a great state!

License tags (plates) are only about $47 a year and no city stickers either.

Plus no state income tax...........our sales tax went up to 6.5% from 6%.

And it does not snow here or get freezing rain, I love it.

Bob from Chicago, now in Florida

Old 03-19-2005, 08:58 PM
EMB
Rookie

Yeah,
But you got gators, snakes, possums and racoons, along with bats and a lot of swamps and...wait,...uh oh, I was looking out the back door here in Houston...sorry![sm=pcwhack.gif]

Ed

Old 03-19-2005, 09:08 PM
grinner
All Star

he freehanded it?
I use the top molding as a guid, then pull it down six inches and do it again.
Much better cut and infinatly quicker.

Old 03-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Black RT/AWD

Looks great Bob!! See ya soon. Will be in Florida after Easter Weekend. I get all kinds of sh-- from the local cops here in NY for my tint. Gotta love Fla for that. I also can't wait to get rid of my front plate, the nasty regi and inspection stickers on my windshield. NY sucks. I will have over 17k on the Mag when I get there.

Old 03-20-2005, 01:28 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

When I say that he free handed it, I meant he first laid a thin strip of tape on the outside of the windshield, going straight across it. He then cut the film on the inside, using the tape as a guide.

It may look like it is a narrow piece of tint film from the outside of the car, but when you sit inside the car, you would not want it any bigger.

I think it is a perfect size....................

Bob

PS / we do have cougars and black bears in the area where I live, new neighbors are wondering why their pets don't come home at night........................OOOPS!

Quick Reply: Tinted Windows & Visors