Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

custom magnum hoods

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 07:35 PM
grinner
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: custom magnum hoods

yeah, the molding was just bogus, ugly and serving no purpose and I removed all emblems at the same time. Did the same to my wife's when she got it.
Wheels are MC2 20X8.5 and the tires ate toyos.
Havn't lowered yet. I'm gonna drop the front 1.5 inches, leave the back stock, put 20X9s up front and 22X10s in the back. Gonna go with black Dvincis.

The 06 models will already have black headlights and your hp will be 425 stock.
Pretty dand sweet. I'll have mine up to that by then but dang, 425 from the factory... thats just cool.

thanks for the kind words, man.

Old 03-21-2005, 10:57 PM
hyperbolic

The pictures of the police package posted today show a ram air scoop at the front left edge of the hood. Looks funny but should be totally functional. The traditional placement of scoops in the center of the hood was to accomidate the carburator location. Times have changed, is anyone ready to change with the new air intake position? I, for one, want a police hood and air intake system.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:50 AM
grinner
All Star

where can I see those pics?

Old 03-22-2005, 09:16 AM
Tedman5
Rookie

Hyperbolic, where is that pic of the police hood?? I was just recently discussing that option with someone and he thought I was nuts. But times have changed and that is exactly where the air needs to come in. It just takes a few to make the switch and then that will be the standard for the "new hot rod".

Old 03-22-2005, 10:12 AM
hyperbolic

Pics of the police hood are at the top of this forum. The title is 2006 Dodge Magnum Police Package.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:28 AM
MagnumRT
Captain

I looked at the Police Hood, the air scoop is NOT at the front left edge of the hood. If you look closely at it, the scoop is in the middle of the hood, right behind the Dodge Ram emblem.

Bob

Old 03-22-2005, 11:49 AM
hyperbolic

Maybe I should have said the left front edge of the hood. In any case the scoop is not centered on the hood. You may be looking at the very bottom picture and even then it's clearly offset to the left side. Look at the pictures above and it's on the left side of the hood.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:33 PM
hyperbolic

Sorry. It looks like I was fooled by some clever photo manipulation. Some of the photos show an offset hood scoop and other photos show no hood scoop. And then I mistook a signature photo for what I was looking at before. In any case the idea of a scoop that is placed over the stock air filter location seems to be the most logical place for it to be and I'll imagine having one like that for my Magnum.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:52 PM
shiltz
Captain

maybe i'm just missing it, but where is a picture of the police package magnum with a hood scoop on it? I don't see one in the post at the top of this forum, just pictures of police magnums with a normal hood.

Old 03-22-2005, 02:27 PM
hyperbolic

Uh. Never mind. I'm convinced that I let my imagination run wild after seeing the hood scoop used in the poster's signature and began to imagine that the top three pictures showed a scoop like that on the police car. And after thinking about it for a few hours I think ducting to the grille area as some forum members have done is cheaper and simpler method for ram air. I just hope I don't get a reputation as a kook for starting this thread.

Quick Reply: custom magnum hoods