Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

custom magnum hoods

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 08:33 PM
65standard
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom magnum hoods

are there any aftermarket steel or glass hoods for the new magnums. i don't want a chevy or ford style scoop, but a 1970 six pack hood for a magnum would be great. what's out there so far?

Old 03-19-2005, 08:53 PM
EMB
Rookie
Default RE: custom magnum hoods

http://www.dgmotorsports.com/search%...nsearch=magnum
Here a Shaker Hood...so far, they say it isnt functional, but I have a feeling they will have no choice but to make one that does...
There is a Viper style hood out too, look through this forum, someone here bought one...
Ed

Old 03-19-2005, 09:12 PM
grinner
All Star

I went with the viper hood and am happy with it. I don't much dig the shaker hood and this one feeds my air intake directly.

you can get it here:
http://rksport.com/product/p_15011000/view_detail
I ordered their front spoiler a copuple of weeks ago but have not recieved it yet.
I'm gonna get their carbon fiber engine cover for my wife later on.
Headers are now available by them too.

Old 03-20-2005, 01:08 AM
Black RT/AWD

Love the looks of your car man. Do they make that hood without the ridges next to the scoop? I like yours but I want a little smoother look. I would love to find a cowl inducted one like the late sixties early seventies Chevelles.

Old 03-20-2005, 02:57 AM
grinner
All Star

naaa.. thats the only one rk makes and it has the fake louvers on the sides to match the viper.
My choice would be a duel scoop like the mid 90's Formula. If I can find a hood at a yard, I'm gonna try to weld it into a stock hood and see what happens. I can't believe one like this isn't available. This car begs for it.
Heck, I think it's weird there are onlt two aftermarket hoods to choose from right now. Only one front spoiler that I know of. Seems like companies that make these would offer products for current vehicles. Certainly is a market out there. I may have to do that welding thang and hawk it to someone that'll mass produce it.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:38 AM
65standard
All Star

grin, is your hood a real fuctional ram air? does it seal against the air box? what did you do to your headlights?

i am surprised that there are any customs hood already. by me, these magnums are just sitting in the dealer's lots and nobody is buying them. i read in the chicago suntimes that the magnum was voted one of the top ten most ugly cars this year. the 300c made the list too. i think they both look great, now the honda element is another store. it made that list too.

grin, i love your car, can you tell me all the things you have done to it.

tony

Old 03-20-2005, 12:17 PM
done
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 65standard

grin, is your hood a real fuctional ram air? does it seal against the air box? what did you do to your headlights?

i am surprised that there are any customs hood already. by me, these magnums are just sitting in the dealer's lots and nobody is buying them. i read in the chicago suntimes that the magnum was voted one of the top ten most ugly cars this year. the 300c made the list too. i think they both look great, now the honda element is another store. it made that list too.

grin, i love your car, can you tell me all the things you have done to it.

tony
Your information is a little misleading. That vote you are refering to was a "Click & Clack" thing. They asked readers to submit nominations. Not very good polling techniques. The Magnum has been selling about 6,000 units a month and DC is not offering incentives which is good indication that the Magnum sales are doing well.

Old 03-20-2005, 01:30 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Grinner,

How was the quality of the hood you got from RKsport?

I was tempted to get one in the group buy, but heard they needed a lot of prep work before painting.

Bob

Old 03-20-2005, 01:30 PM
grinner
All Star

65, the hood is totally functional, feeding cold air directly into my 360 air intake. I noticed as much hp gain from the hood as I did after putting on the new intake.
Heres the intake:

The headlights are black SXT headlights and I painted an eyelid on em. I bought the headlights at the dealership ($650) but I have since found out many folks with SXTs are more than willing to trade even for RT headlights. Go figure.
I masked off the area I wanted to treat, sanded em with 400 grit, primed well and sprayed em. Dunno how legal it is but it sure turned out lookin cool.

I went a little too dark in smoking out my taillights. I found some new ones on ebay for like 55 bucks each so they are on their way and I have a great design in mind for treating those.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:34 PM
65standard
All Star

grin, did you remove all emblems and side molding? are the tires different than original? was the car lowered? your car has the best look i have seen so far.

i am still waiting for my '06 i ordered. the dealer said they would trade out the rt's lights for me when it comes in. i also think that the '06s up'd the power 10 more if i remember correctly when i ordered. thanks for the great pictures and info.

Quick Reply: custom magnum hoods