Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Frontend Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Ironman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frontend Troubles

Question, who is having issues with the frontend alignment and if so, has it been fixed? How was it fixed?

I have 11,400 miles on my SXT and it's been in for realignment 4 times. I'm heading in for my 5th realignment. My tires are shot, the're checking on replacing my tires under warrenty. Tires were also rotated each time an alignment was done. The left tires are all worn out on the outside. Each time I get the car back, my tires are pumped up to 40+ psi. I have been given no explaination as to why. My dealer is being very nice about it, but I can tell they are fustrated. Last time in the manager stated they get new notices on frontend fixes every other day. He also said that there is more issues with the 300 then the Magnums.

I've given them alignment specs that I've found on this site and others and they just dismiss them. I'm sure they have the same specs also.

Depending on which alignment I've had done, it pulls to the right or left. Very sensitive to road crown. I have to put constant back presurre on the steering wheel to keep it straight. Let go of the wheel and voom, I'm off the road. The last realignment seems to be my best, it now goes slowly to the right, bit it is immediate.

Something is wrong with the frontend design or my Magnum is messed up.

Old 03-21-2005, 04:46 PM
darkrt
Professional
Default RE: Frontend Troubles

There is a TSB out for the right pull issue,but I don't know the #. It is some sort of carriage adjustment in front that is a fix.

Old 03-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Ironman

Gues no one else is having issues with the front end. The dealer says they have done all the TSB's they can find. Dealer just ordered new tires for me under warranty. Love the car, but I'm beginning to have missgivings.

Old 03-28-2005, 06:23 PM
MagnumSXT
Professional

Mine pulls to the right too. As darkrt said, there are TSB's out, but the results on fixing them appear to be sketchy at best. I read on a forum elsewhere, that a mechanic had resolved the issue on both a 300c and a magnum, but performing an alignment of some type on the rear as well, but the specs are unknown at this time. That mechanic was supposed to get specs to his very happy satisfied magnum customer so she could share with all of us.

Old 03-28-2005, 06:44 PM
via500
Professional

ORIGINAL: Ironman

Question, who is having issues with the frontend alignment and if so, has it been fixed? How was it fixed?

Something is wrong with the frontend design or my Magnum is messed up.
My Magnum has had no problems - accepted delivery JAN 1, it is neutral on toe-in but I think that's a good trait. In any case and the reason I posted is everyone with the problem only mentions the FRONT end - having had Mercedes cars with rear swing axles you learn the back end is not always just along for the ride. Ever had a 4 wheel alignment done? If your dodge dealer can't or doesn't understand the concept etc. etc. talk to the dodge zone rep and suggest trying the local Mercedes dealer who should know how.

Old 03-28-2005, 07:35 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Ironman,

Is this just a problem with the STX Models, or all Magnums? I have seen this type of thread since day one, but having gotten my car in late November 04', I think that they fixed this problem before mine was made, on Election Day! (Hope those Auto Workers were Republican) When was your Magnum made? I am tripped out on these threads, because that is one of the first things I noticed about my Magnum, how damn smooth, quiet and straight this thing glides down the road. Freaking car almost drives itself, and no, not off a cliff. Straight down the road, and it is very sensitive to the road. Almost follows the groves in the pavement. So, that is why I am so curious, are the RT's affected as well?

[IMG]local://upfiles/10346/89E2DE6B20F54ACAB7435A8ABEBD1FF3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Free_Style
Rookie

If we lived in Ireland our cars would pull to the left.

Old 03-30-2005, 09:21 PM
koliva

Just passing through and saw this thread. I had front end issues and the dealer wound up ordering a camber bolt kit for it. After replacing the tire and alignment, so far so good. It did not pull to the right, Just feathering of the fron tires.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:16 PM
MagnumSXT
Professional

Got mine out of the shop today. It doesn't pull to the right any more, more of a drift. However, it was VERY windy here today so I'll need to wait until a normal day to see what it really drives like. But, it's looking good. Odd thing is that when I called my dealer they said "we'll have to see when we can get it in "insert shop name here" for the alignment". I just couldn't believe that my dealer doesn't even have an alignment machine. But, I consoled myself to the belief that an alignment shop may do a better job than someone who doesn't do them all day long every day.

Old 03-31-2005, 01:17 AM
chily3
Rookie

[8D]I have 10,500 on my SXT and tires are perfect. So far not even rotated. Keep 30 pounds in them. They are RT wheels and tires. Will drift to right off crown of the road. No real pullling.

Quick Reply: Frontend Troubles