Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Getting my Magnum today!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:44 AM
DAVE RT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting my Magnum today!!

Tilt

I was born in Calgary,so nothing wrong with Red Deer.

I live in Penticton so send me a Message if you come this way,lots of warm weather & beachs.& we wonder why they call it the California of Canada.[8D]

Dave

Old 03-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Fred-dm net

BREAK IN:

This metod I picked up seems to coincide with the manual's recomendation... First, avoid WOT from a stop, but while you're cruising, drop into like 3rd at 50 and give it full pedal then back off and let the engine slow the car down. This helps to seat the rings around the cylinders better. Recomended (other, not DCX) forst oil change 300 miles (i did it at 1300) don't run synthetic until atleast 3000 miles, because it's so slick it prevents further engine break-in.

Congrats on the new SXT!! Did you get AWD?

Old 03-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Lyle SXT
Professional

ORIGINAL: Fred-dm net

BREAK IN:

This metod I picked up seems to coincide with the manual's recomendation... First, avoid WOT from a stop, but while you're cruising, drop into like 3rd at 50 and give it full pedal then back off and let the engine slow the car down. This helps to seat the rings around the cylinders better. Recomended (other, not DCX) forst oil change 300 miles (i did it at 1300) don't run synthetic until atleast 3000 miles, because it's so slick it prevents further engine break-in.

Congrats on the new SXT!! Did you get AWD?

Not sure what WOT stands for. I'm assuming you're talking about not hammering the throttle for the first little while.

I knew about seating the rings. I try to do that once in a while as well. Thanks for the tip on the synthetic oil....that makes a lot of sense.

Mine is just the RWD version. It was another couple grand for the AWD car....money I didn't have.

I've put about 100 km's on it so far, and am loving every second of it. I actually used to like my little Mazda Protege 5 (that we traded in), but it is simply trash compared to this Big Bad Dodge!!

Cheers,
Tilt

Old 03-25-2005, 08:00 PM
Bobs05RT
Rookie

WOT stands for wide open throttle. Car looks great. How were you able to keep it that clean on the ride home? OK, admit it, you gave it a bath right before you took the photo?

Old 03-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Lyle SXT
Professional

ORIGINAL: Bobs05RT

WOT stands for wide open throttle. Car looks great. How were you able to keep it that clean on the ride home? OK, admit it, you gave it a bath right before you took the photo?
Thanks for the translation.

Actually no, I haven't washed it yet. It was cool enough out when we picked it up. No slush on the road yesterday.

Now fast-forward to today....

....she's nice and warm out there today. We just got back from a drive (the wifes first time driving it). Now it's covered in dirt and wet snow. I'm going out tonight and washing her down. I suspect over the course of the next few weeks I'll be spending lots of time at the car wash.

One of the pitfalls of living on the Prairies in Canada. You simply have to put up with the weather. I'd love to live in a warmer climate, but that just isn't in the cards.

Cheers,
Tilt

Old 03-29-2005, 06:06 PM
SteveS

ORIGINAL: Tilt

I really can't imagine how much power that Hemi must have when this 3.5 gets up and goes the way it does. For me....this thing has loads of power......and I havn't even wound it up yet.

Cheers,
Tilt
Congrats on the SXT. I love mine.

I did not drive the RT before I bought the SXT, on purpose. I was afraid I would get hooked on the power. Well, I got my chance at an RT today. My SXT is at my Dodge Dealer for a replacement part they had to order. I was told I would get a loaner to drive, and I fully expected the Enterprise Crappola GT. Instead, the Sales Manager came over to the service area and gave the keys to a 05 Silver RT with 149 miles on it. I about passed out right there. First off, getting a loaner from a non-premium brand (I call MB, Lexus, Caddy premium) is unheard of, and for it to be something the magnitue of the RT is even further out there.

The Hemi is everything everyone has said it is. I think I must have taken 4 or 5 of my coworkers for a ride today, just so they could experience the feeling of being thrown back in their seats.

I am certainly glad I did not experience this 30 days ago, or my wallet would have been $5,000 lighter.

Old 03-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Canadian GP

SWEET.........another Canadian SXT!!

What's all that white stuff on the ground? Over here in Ontario the snow is all but gone.

Old 03-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Lyle SXT
Professional

ORIGINAL: Canadian GP

SWEET.........another Canadian SXT!!

What's all that white stuff on the ground? Over here in Ontario the snow is all but gone.
Well....it rained real good last night, and that got rid of a bunch of that white crap. We were snowless a few weeks ago, but then we got our standard mid-March dump. I doubt we're out of the woods yet. Prairie weather changes quicker than a Hemi off the line.

I gotta tell ya.......I'm loving this car. Everywhere I go.....people just stare. Both the wife and I make any excuse to go for a drive.

What's that honey??.....you want me to go to the store??.....I'm on it!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Tilt

Old 03-29-2005, 08:59 PM
Lyle SXT
Professional

ORIGINAL: SteveS
I am certainly glad I did not experience this 30 days ago, or my wallet would have been $5,000 lighter.

Cheapest RT I've seen here in Canada was just under $43,000 (plus 7% tax). I got mine for 10 grand less. A Hemi would've been nice......but not for 10 G's!!

Cheers,
Tilt

Old 03-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Canadian GP

Cheapest RT I've seen here in Canada was just under $43,000 (plus 7% tax).
Only GST? Damn, I have to pay 15%!!

Quick Reply: Getting my Magnum today!!