Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Window tint?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Canadian GP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tint?

I'm not sure if this applies to Magnums in the US but up here in Canada the drivers and passengers windows are not as dark as the rest of the windows.

Has anyone tinted these 2 windows to match the rest and if so do you have pics after getting it done?

TIA.

Old 03-27-2005, 02:23 AM
Bobs05RT
Rookie
Default RE: Window tint?

The US Magnum SXT and RT's come the same way. The SE just has the regular tint all around.
You can tint the front 2 if you like. 20% is the correct tint to match the rear windows but then at night you will feel like a rat staring out of a dark cave. Just my opinion.

Old 03-27-2005, 12:55 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

I did the tint on my front windows, also added a small strip at top of windshield.

It is harder to see out the side windows at night, but I don't drive much at night.

Here in Florida, the darker windows help in the hot summers, plus the car looks better.

Some photos.

Bob

[IMG]local://upfiles/6365/761AAA1EA70141C392827BB5379BE3E5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6365/E24C2DA06CE848B0872F4F52FC347D70.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-27-2005, 01:15 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Here is Gila Tint's site that has the US & Canada tint laws. US & Canada Tint Laws. Too bad NM is the only state, in the US, that allows for the fronts to match the rear(20%vlt).

Old 03-27-2005, 01:35 PM
Canadian GP

Thanks for the info.

BTW, car looks awesome with the front sides done.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:19 PM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had mine done as well - plus the straight-across 'eyebrow' atop the windshield.

I agree with the driving at night comment, but once you get used to it it's not all that bad. It sure does help with keeping the inside temps down, even in North Gerogia it's gets pretty warm inside a Black car, and it sure does make it look a LOT cooler is you ask me! [8D]

Pic's are at the link below...

Mike

Currently it looks like this, cause pollen season is just around the corner...

Old 03-29-2005, 05:39 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

whoa! what level tint is that! presidential limo?
the stock tint on my mag is a purplish hue...whereas the after market front window tint that i found closely matches the % was a greyish color (i can never win em all, just me) i do suggest that u go 1 level darker (i.e. 15% instead of the 20%) because the light let into the car through the windshield makes the front appear lighter on bright days giving it a better match.

Old 03-30-2005, 03:41 AM
grinner
All Star

I put 20% on the doors and used 5% for the eyebrow. I did not use the film's natural edge for a lazy eyebrow. I cut it parallel with the top of the windshield and from the driver's POV, the horizon line.
On my wife's car, I put 35% on the doors and kind of a silverish reflective smoke film on the eyebrow to match the mineral gray paint.
Havn't taken pics if that yet...

Old 04-05-2005, 03:48 PM
RobAGD

grinner - your Mag looks great but aroung here that would be a ticket magnet. The state troopers here ( VA ) and the DC police have been on a ticket writing arathon for window tint. Even if its factory they have been issuing the tickets hoping people will just pay the fine and not goto court over it. The dark factory stuff will typically get thrown if you take it before the judge.

I have been trying to figure out a way to do my window tint and not get tickets : ) I really want to do the Blue/Purple finish like the old raybans sun glasses. Something kinda liek this :

On a All Black or even the Pearl White that kind of a window tint would kick ***.

-R

[IMG]local://upfiles/12486/CEE8434EEFD04DDE88D373F2DA7A201E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-07-2005, 03:36 PM
ramair1

I just got pulled over in Illinois for having the front driver and passenger side windows tinted. He assured me that i will continue to get pulled over and tickted until I remove it

Quick Reply: Window tint?