Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Window tint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:57 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Window tint?

Yeppers, I used to live in IL too. They can actually pull you over for just for tint violation. It has to do with classification of violation. Like before many states could not pull you over for not wearing seatbelt. Now alot of states have changed the class for seatbelts. The states that dont allow any tint on the front windows stink haa.

Old 06-08-2005, 12:49 AM
undropped
Veteran

down here in texas the are very **** about tint, i actually got pulled over in my el camino, and couldn't drive away until i removed the tint, yes right there on the side of the road

Old 06-08-2005, 03:14 AM
grinner
All Star

Thats just a redneck cop being a punk to ya man. If darker than 35% on the driver and passenger wondows in TX, they can't force you to remove anything. They CAN pull you over again and give you another ticket but they can't make you alter your vehicle.
When I lived in TX (and was a window tinter) I often got 3 tickets per pull over. It varied from too low to sound pollution to no seat belt to no front license plate to tint to my tail lights. Oddly enough I never once got questioned about having my windshield tinted. They just didn't notice or I would have gotten tickets for that as well.
If you have 35 and a sticker under your film, your totally legal in TX. If darker, they surely can and will write ya up (sticker or no... they measure it with a light guage) but don't go lettin' a cop who is angry at his career choice tell you to take a razor blade to windows at the side of the road. That's unsafe in itself. Whats he wantin to write a littering ticket too or just wanting to increase the chances of a driver flyin' by to tag ya?
sheesh

Quick Reply: Window tint?