Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

So does your CD player work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Brooklyn_Magnum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So does your CD player work?

I ordered my Magnum on 12/24 ... and I got it on 2/16 .... the dealer was amazed ... since then the weather in the NYC area has been pretty bad so I haven't really driven the new car much yet .. it only has about 250 miles ... any way my question has to do with the cd player ... today for the first time I tried using the CD player ... how hard do you have to push the CD into the radio in order for it to load ... I can't seem to get a CD to load into the radio .... I have the radio option that includes a 6 CD changer & cassette ... no statellite radio.

any hints of tricks .... can anyone tell me how stupid this sounds?

Oh ... I have heard a lot of talk about this car pulling to the right .... I have noticed that the car follows the road level ... if the road crown is on the left the car goes right and the reverse is true.

I do have a slight compliant ... the left side fender and hood has a few paint imperfections ... there appears to be about 3 - 4 small specs of foreign material embedded in the paint ... one on the fender is the side of a grain of sand and is embedded in the clear coat ....

Also can the read hatch be adjusted ... the gap on the left side is a bit bigger than the right side .... will I run into problems just loosening the 4 bolts holding the roof hinges just enough to push things over a bit?

[IMG]local://upfiles/14165/FDBC03FF6A3848FDBD96C51F8E4102BD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-27-2005, 10:05 PM
EMB
Rookie
Default RE: So does your CD player work?

You dont push the CDs in...
Turn the player on, press the mode button until the display reads CD..
Then look at the upper right top of the player...you will see a button marked
... LOAD...
Press that button, and then press 1 through 6, (whichever number you want that CD to be)
Wait a few seconds, the player will read INSERT DISC...just feed the CD in, it will suck it in by itself...
Repeat the same process for each slot, 1 thorugh 6...

Remember, LOAD, then the slot you want loaded, then insert the CD for each one....

To eject a CD, just press the load button, and the coresponding number of the CD you want ejected....it will feed it out.
If you do not remove the CD at that time, it will reload it in a few seconds.

As for the rear hatch, take that bad boy right back to the dealer, and have them adjust it...
ask about your paint also, it too, is under warranty...

Ed

Old 03-28-2005, 04:35 AM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reading the owners manual might have helped.

Old 03-28-2005, 06:16 AM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: dodgemech

Reading the owners manual might have helped.
Men don't read directions

Old 03-28-2005, 12:27 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

My CD palyer works just fine, but then, I read the owners manual.

AND I am a male, an old male at that.

Bob....................LOL :-)

Old 03-28-2005, 04:18 PM
MikeyB
Professional

Yeah, I had to read the manual also.

MikeyB

Old 03-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Bobs05RT
Rookie

I always read the owners manual from cover to cover (not in one sitting) on any vehicle I purchase.

Old 03-28-2005, 07:14 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Brooklyn Magnum,

CD Player works fine. Just hit load, like described above. And, for the record, I don't read the owners manual until I come to a portion that I can't figure out, but have to at least try once to see if I can get it on my own. Where is your guys' sence of adventure? Doing stuff without reading about it is how we learn. Doing stuff after reading about it is how we follow directions. Learn a little... It's funner... I like making mistakes and then finding out the answer. Life...

Old 03-28-2005, 10:33 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

the thing that's embedded in the paint is it visible to the eye or is it an imperfection to the touch? if it's to the touch it could be from train rail dust. this can be removed by claying. but as said before, taking complaints to the dealer is probably your best bet.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:40 PM
illy
Professional

ORIGINAL: chefboyrlee

the thing that's embedded in the paint is it visible to the eye or is it an imperfection to the touch? if it's to the touch it could be from train rail dust. this can be removed by claying. but as said before, taking complaints to the dealer is probably your best bet.
^^^^^ Good advice, ran into this myself on a few cars. If imperfections are onesy twosey, they may give you the "We don't build show cars" line when it comes to minor imperfections. Try the clay bar first. It's always a good policy to clay before waxing anyway.

Quick Reply: So does your CD player work?