Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Magnum colors...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 10:45 PM
old Bob N.E. CA
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum colors...

I hope this doesn’t offend anyone, but after seeing many, many pictures of Magnums, the darker colors really bring out the looks of the car. I think the “cool vanilla” is an UGLY color for this car.
My dealer got one in and I took it on a road test. Stopped by some family members to show them the car, and all said “it don’t look right in that color, the pictures you showed me of the car, black gray, magnesium, blue, and red, looked much more slick”. Anyone else agree with me?

Old Bob

Old 03-28-2005, 11:27 PM
via500
Professional
Default RE: Magnum colors...

Yes black looks gorgeous like it does on any car, problem is I use my magnum as a station wagon (go figure) to haul stuff for the houses I'm rehabbing and to drive to work. Buying a black car would have been silly.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Canadian GP

A local dealership has the only 2 cars in Onatrio that are exact matches to what I am looking for. One is white and one is black. Love the look of black but too hard to keep clean. Still thinking over buying the white, not one of my top color choices.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:38 PM
Canadian GP

Having said that ^^^^^ here is a white one that looks killer!!!

Old 03-29-2005, 12:19 AM
ominusRT

Black doen't get any dirtier than red, white or silver. That damn back hatch looks like ya never wash the thing anyway.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:33 PM
Lyle SXT
Professional

With all the colours of the rainbow out there, I'm still a bit miffed that dodge didn't get a little more creative in the choices.

To me (my opinion only) the Red is the ONLY colour choice to go with. Black looks good when very clean. But up here in Canada, clean doesn't happen very often. I had a black truck once.......and swore I'd NEVER own another black vehicle. I may as well buy shares at a car wash. I've owned Red and Blue cars and needed to wash them MUCH less. There's a couple other Magnums in my area here.....black, blue and white......they always look absolutley filthy!! My Red Magnum is staying pretty good comparitively. I personally don't like the look of the Magnum in the other colours. To me, Red just MAKES this car!! I wouldn't have bought one if I couldn't get Red.

BUT!!!!

Like I touched on earlier......why the hell couldn't they get a bit more creative. They market this car as the come-back of the muscle machines. Get some yellows, lime green, and other REALLY attention grabbing colours going!!

But hey...that's just me.

Cheers,
Tilt

Old 03-29-2005, 03:06 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

I think the white color is okay, as long as you added another color to it, to make it a 2 tone.

Have seen photos of Magnums with 2 tone paint schemes, looked good.

Maybe add some ghost flames to the white?

Bob

Trending Topics

Old 03-29-2005, 05:38 PM
MagnumSXT
Professional

I get a lot of compliments on my Mineral Grey Metallic. To be quite honest, I would have rather gotten the Dark Blue one that was sitting right next to mine on the dealers lot. But, the wife like the grey and hated the blue, so grey is what we went with.

Old 03-29-2005, 06:14 PM
illy
Professional

I originally thought about getting back for my RT but the midnight blue was a real eye catcher too. After sunset the midnight blue looks black and during the day it is a nice rich blue, I love it! I think the white looks good if you are going for that hip hop "Pimp my ride" look but like engine choices, color is all a matter of taste. This is the first vehicle I have had in 6 years that wasn't silver, and I have been through a few.

Old 03-30-2005, 08:07 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

My color choices were in order
1) Black - none on the lot at the time
2) Inferno Red - None
3) Midnight Blue - Only dealer around had a $2000 market Markup
4) Silver - Gives it a classy look IMO

[IMG]local://upfiles/2144/50F360D4C6DE4C439EC019AD7B109B4E.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Magnum colors...