Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Perfect blend

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 07:27 PM
illy
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Perfect blend

What is the difference between the Adam's and Zaino, you obviously switched and I am interested to know why. I haven't decided on what product to use myself. If it is within the rules of the forum, could you enlighten us? (If not at least send me a PM).

Old 03-30-2005, 07:36 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

Just a side note on the APO issue. I was stationed in Korea 99-2000, there was some company that was trying to additional fee for APO. I contacted the Postoffie General office, and there is NOT supposed to anything extra about APO or refusal to ship. The only thing is that the only option is regular snail mail, no ovenright or express mail. Nowdays from what I have seen is that alot of companies are using non-USPS delivery companies. You cannot force a company to use USPS. Of course by nowdays, I'm sure things have changed about the surcharge.

Old 03-30-2005, 07:42 PM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And there were some pics posted a while back that had reflections of trees on the car that looked like the picture of the trees was painted on the car. That sold me, but it has been too cold here to do it, so just now getting around to ordering.

I'm thinking that might have been my RT you noticed, that's with maybe 4 or 5 layers on it, hard to believe that it can get better, but it does - with every layer. I've been shining sheet metal for a long time and numerous products (mothers, maguires, zymol to name but a few) gave me great satisfaction - but nothing ever make me stand back and say "Holy Sh$t!" over and over like Zaino does.

Yes, expensive, and I think we should pressure Sal and crew to ship to apo/fpo addresses, that's just nuts not to do that, but the results are worth it.

Mike

Old 03-30-2005, 08:23 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

has anyone ever tried hitting up zaino for a group buy?
flateric, believe me the zaino process is exactly that, a process....
be patient, do it right, set a side a whole day. first application, i recomend stripping (using original dawn), claying (takes forever), 2-3 coats (i forget the Z #).
make sure u read the instructions. and follow them closely. after day 1, with all the procedures, u'll have a window of about 8-10 months, to just do a light re polish whenever u feel it necessary.
plus that 80 bux can go a long way...u dont need to gob this stuff on.
i hope u like the results!

Old 03-31-2005, 10:22 AM
FlatEric
Veteran

Acutally, it was your car, but a different pic here at https://dodgeforum.com/m_159744/mpag.../tm.htm#159942

I saw that and said, that is the way I want mine to shine. Sweeeet!!

I have had the Magnum only to car washes with foam brushes. I used to take my Passat to the ones with plastic brushes as they were closeby, and it ruined the paint, dulled the clear coat to the point of being no longer fixable. I was determined not to let that happen to the Magnum, so I drive a little to get to the good car wash (the laws here almost preclude me washing it by hand, you have to be in an authorized area with drainage to a filter, etc. I'm too lazy to go somewhere and hand wash it).

I am moving in 2 weeks to a house (vice appartment) with 1 1/2 car garage, so I'll have the space to do this right, and indoors. All day if need be.

Thanks for the tips, I will follow the directions to the letter.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:29 AM
FlatEric
Veteran

That is a very nice shine indeed. The wheels shine like the devil as well. What did you use on those? I should have my new wheels in a few weeks, and they are chrome....by the way, bigcustomwheels.com DOES take the time and schlepps the packages to the post office and mails them to APO/FPO, and they don't charge extra, their price for shipping is the same as I got when I checked with USPS on line for shipping rates.

Check out https://dodgeforum.com/m_159744/mpag.../tm.htm#159942

Old 03-31-2005, 07:50 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

zaino works good on chrome, at least to prevent the brake dust from sticking too much. although, chrome keeps itself clean pretty nicely with just a couple of passes with a soft towel. if u're like me when i got my new wheels, u'll run a towel over em everyday....i gave up after 2 months, now its at every wash.
ps meguiars hot shine tire spray over armor all

Quick Reply: Perfect blend