Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Replacing brake rotors

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
BJS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing brake rotors

I'm at 65,000 miles and need all 4 rotors replaced (fronts are warped, rears are worn). What can I expect to pay for the materials. I have heard that the rears are $190 apiece.

Also, I've heard that the sensors (ABS) need to be replaced when the rotors are replaced at $400 a wheel! My mechanic thinks there is a workaround - I hope so.

I know this will solve the brake shimmy in the front, and I'm hoping this also solves a thumping/vibration coming from the front left while turning right.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:37 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you doing the work yourself, or having a shop do it?

As far as price, if you are doing it yourself, you got options because you can shop around for decent priced rotors. As far as the sensor goes, if you don't change it, then you just have to deal with the brake error when it starts to show on the dash at start up.

I had a Caddy STS and when I found out how much the sensors were, I laughed and said "I can deal with the bell and light at start up" I did not change them.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:59 PM
wombat750
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was just on the autozone website and the abs sensors were 27.99 ea. 'cept for right rear which was 70.00 or so. rotors were 125.00 each for front and like 75.00 for rear. the whole job with new pads was about 650.00

Quick Reply: Replacing brake rotors